Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with Sunday is that, points wise, a draw is unhelpful to our top 4 chance

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am clinging to the hope that Pochettino will get offered a better job soon and Spurs will go back to appointing crap managers. If we can just get through this year and next without them winning the league.....and if we can just scrape a draw this weekend.....
    I understand he's on the same sort of long-term, new stadium stability, rolling retainer-type deal that Wenger was
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I understand he's on the same sort of long-term, new stadium stability, rolling retainer-type deal that Wenger was
    Yeah, but......he isn't Wenger.

If a huge club comes knocking he might be tempted.....if not, we are in trouble.

If a huge club comes knocking he might be tempted.....if not, we are in trouble.
    City might be in the market for a new manager in a year or two.

No, I think it means he would not be *allowed* to leave. I'd guess there'd be some ridiculous buyout sanction involved.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly. Anyone arguing that has to my mind got the wrong end of the whole Arsenal-supporting stick if you ask me.

I think most sane Arsenal would happily take losing the Cup final to Chelsea and thus giving them the double over Tottenham winning anything at all.
    Essentially the double, and for that matter FA Cup victory, means **** all now.

I am sorry to say that given we have held it up in recent years as success. It's a nice day out and all that but league success is really where it is at - and by success I mean winning the fúcking thing.

No, I think it means he would not be *allowed* to leave. I'd guess there'd be some ridiculous buyout sanction involved.
    I would be willing to put in a few quid.....

I would be willing to put in a few quid.....
    Really? He seems a decent football manager but what would *you* use him for?

Really? He seems a decent football manager but what would *you* use him for?
    I wouldn't use him for anything. I just want him 'disappeared', like a key witness....

That squad under a normal spurs manager would currently be sixth....

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    FA Cup victory, means **** all now.
    No. If it means nothing now it never meant anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No. If it means nothing now it never meant anything.
    That's deep, man