Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with Sunday is that, points wise, a draw is unhelpful to our top 4 chance

The problem with Sunday is that, points wise, a draw is unhelpful to our top 4 chance

chances and so there’s little point in playing for one. But in playing to win, we may very well lose, which would be helpful to Spurs’ title chances.

Basically, I’m conflicted, confused and petrified

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    chances and so there’s little point in playing for one. But in playing to win, we may very well lose, which would be helpful to Spurs’ title chances.

I'll take a draw, Monts, just to stop them. Top four is gone. Away at Stoke and Southampton? Pffft, don't fancy our chances much there either. Man Utd at home? A Mourinho team unbeaten in about 29 games.

Football, eh; bloody hell. As the man said.

Manchester United must be close to breaking down point by now, you'd think
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Football, eh; bloody hell. As the man said.

Manchester United must be close to breaking down point by now, you'd think
    They're top of the table, redg. http://www.physioroom.com/affiliate/...cate_table.php

They'll still beat us easily though

#WengerOut

We can't even win the physioroom shield nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    They're top of the table, redg. http://www.physioroom.com/affiliate/...cate_table.php

They'll still beat us easily though
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

A draw would be fantastic. Its quite funny that you still believe we are capable of playing for one

They are going to hammer us. Coming away with anything would be wonderful and the top four would require a miracle. With United, Stoke and Southampton still to come it would be a miracle if we reach 70 points.

Unfortunately, they are light years ahead of us at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'll take a draw, Monts, just to stop them. Top four is gone. Away at Stoke and Southampton? Pffft, don't fancy our chances much there either. Man Utd at home? A Mourinho team unbeaten in about 29 games.
    Top four is clearly not gone. Man Utd are distracted by the Europa (we play them a few days after their away tie) and have us and Spurs away, while Liverpool continue to prove they can lose to any old c*nts. And City are pretty much as sh*t as us.

And City are pretty much as sh*t as us.
    Did you watch them last night? It was a bit like watching The Arsenal. Except with a clean sheet.

Top four is clearly not gone. Man Utd are distracted by the Europa (we play them a few days after their away tie) and have us and Spurs away, while Liverpool continue to prove they can lose to any old c*nts. And City are pretty much as sh*t as us.
    Not gone, but would require a miracle given how we are playing. At the best of times we never win at Stoke or Southampton and never beat Mourinho. With Spurs that leaves just two games where we have a fair chance of winning.

Win at Spurs and maybe things change a bit. I just cant see it. I don't think anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A draw would be fantastic. Its quite funny that you still believe we are capable of playing for one

They are going to hammer us. Coming away with anything would be wonderful and the top four would require a miracle. With United, Stoke and Southampton still to come it would be a miracle if we reach 70 points.

Unfortunately, they are light years ahead of us at the moment.
    You are correct that we are entirely incapable of playing for a draw. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of us getting something out of the game by any means. How many NLDs have you watched over the years where the gulf in class and league position was much bigger between the teams than it is now that have ended up either being attritional draws or going against form?