Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's just occurred to me that with Brexit, they'll have to take us off the Euro coins

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's going to look weird. They're bad enough as they are with Norway's absence making Sweden and Finland look like a knob and nutsack. Now poor old Ireland's going to be dangling out there like a spare prick at a wedding as well.
    In practical terms, reminting the currency every time someone joins or leaves (I expect there will be more of the latter) is probably not wise. It doesn't really matter whether the map is up to date. We had no problems using coins with George VI on long after he'd pegged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In practical terms, reminting the currency every time someone joins or leaves (I expect there will be more of the latter) is probably not wise. It doesn't really matter whether the map is up to date. We had no problems using coins with George VI on long after he'd pegged out.
    It *is* a little hubristic though, ain't it. Like all those mightily impressive, yet-to-be-built-let-alone-paid-for buildings on their banknotes.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nonsense! I shall henceforth deface every Euro coin I have by removing the United Kingdom from it. This is a matter of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It *is* a little hubristic though, ain't it. Like all those mightily impressive, yet-to-be-built-let-alone-paid-for buildings on their banknotes.
    Yes. Almost like they were proclaiming some sort of quasi-Imperium...

Indeed. Shameless behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Almost like they were proclaiming some sort of quasi-Imperium...
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There really is a remarkable likeness, isn't there?