Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no escaping it, sitting around vaguely working but mainly

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Never, ever.

Fúck going up a ladder with a sponge. I give the chap water and then fúck off back to the sofa.
    Fash had a good window cleaning arrangement
    They would take them away and then bring them back all clean 24 hours later
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Does the same apply to prostitutes? Asking for a friend.
    Well, I've never transacted with a prostitute, but in the sense that they are individuals trying to do the best for themselves and thus deserving of consideration, kindness and respect, then yes. What would you suggest? Treating them with contempt?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Never, ever.

Fúck going up a ladder with a sponge. I give the chap water and then fúck off back to the sofa.
    Ladders generally can fück off. My fear of heights makes hiring such fellows a necessity rather than a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What would you suggest? Treating them with contempt?
    Not at the prices they charge
    I imagine Monty likes to haggle
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Well, I've never transacted with a prostitute, but in the sense that they are individuals trying to do the best for themselves and thus deserving of consideration, kindness and respect, then yes. What would you suggest? Treating them with contempt?
    I would never treat anyone with contempt for their choice of profession. I, of course, reserve the right to secretly hold them in contempt.

I would never treat anyone with contempt for their choice of profession. I, of course, reserve the right to secretly hold them in contempt.
    Of course you do. But what you have to realise is that that's your shortcoming rather than theirs. Your contempt is a function of your own narrow-mindedness and represents a severe failure of empathy and imagination on your part.

scratching your b*llocks while someone cleans your house makes you feel like an unmitigated c*nt?

And curiously, I've found that when your cleaner is English, it feels that bit worse.
    I was considering getting a cleaner but I was thinking I would have to go to the shop when they were there as I couldn't sit and watch someone clean my house. I'm quite lazy but I'm really not good at cleaning. I can't deal with toilets. I feel like I only do a half job and I need a professional.

Of course you do. But what you have to realise is that that's your shortcoming rather than theirs. Your contempt is a function of your own narrow-mindedness and represents a severe failure of empathy and imagination on your part.
    I'm dubious about your ability to maintain the moral high ground in this instance. Are you absolutely sure you've never expressed contemptuous sentiments about people in menial jobs?

Right. See also: His views regarding football supporters.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I'm dubious about your ability to maintain the moral high ground in this instance. Are you absolutely sure you've never expressed contemptuous sentiments about people in menial jobs?
    Footballers for a start.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."