Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: There's no escaping it, sitting around vaguely working but mainly

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Why can't I find a decent carwash. None of the wons do a good job near me.

They rush the job, I appreciate them putting that black stuff on my wheels to make them shine.
    but please clean the bird **** off.
    I expect more for my £12 to be honest.

I feel weird sitting in the car whilst all these eastern european blokes clean my car
    They're not really there to launder your car though, tbf. They are there to launder cash for their gangster owners.

The place at the bottom of Swains Lane has gone now, and so has the garage on Holloway road where you can hire a squirty thing to do it yourself. Hence the car is now right state. I will have to take it to the Kentish Town won which is a nuisance because of the traffic.
    Last edited by Ash; 04-27-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    £4.50 per time, he does it once a month but only the front of the house. The windows at the back I have to do.....hence they're filthy
    £4.50. What the fúck.

Do you live in one of these?

mozt8FPn5bk1ncON8D0PeDg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    £4.50. What the fúck.

They do the whole road, oddly I thought it was rather expensive......well they did it every 2 weeks which I thought was overkill, got them to do it once a month now

No different than paying a person to wash your car or any other “menial” task which one chooses not to do through laziness or simply not being fúcking arsed. See also gardening tasks, home DIY or repairs and to a lesser degree internet shopping.
    Not sure they are the same. DIY and repairs takes some skill which I am very happy to rely on a professional for. Car washing requires infrastructure and storage space for this equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, not at all! I speak from experience. I once would have sympathised entirely with your sense of awkwardness about this sort of thing.

However, I have had the opportunity to re-examine my attitudes and came to the realisation I have outlined to you.
    Actually, there's no better way to prompt such an awakening than to be rescued by an AA man a few times as you sit stranded and pathetically helpless like a small child in a shopping centre that's lost its parents.

I f*cking love the AA.

I'd say him asking you to hold the ladder didn't display a great deal of faith.
    Very good b

£4.50. What the fúck.

He lives in the North, sw - probably a fortune for the poor lad who does it

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They're not really there to launder your car though, tbf. They are there to launder cash for their gangster owners.

The place at the bottom of Swains Lane has gone now, and so has the garage on Holloway road where you can hire a squirty thing to do it yourself. Hence the car is now right state. I will have to take it to the Kentish Town won which is a nuisance because of the traffic.
    I remember a bit up from Highgate station.

Still won in Stroud Green Road the finsbury park station end. There is also one in the Esso in Hornsey Road.

But I wouldn't mind doing it my self don't seem to find many petrol stations with the hose anymore.
    I could do it at home but I'd have to run a hose out the window and people will start moaning.

I'd say him asking you to hold the ladder didn't display a great deal of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I remember a bit up from Highgate station.

Still won in Stroud Green Road the finsbury park station end. There is also one in the Esso in Hornsey Road.

But I wouldn't mind doing it my self don't seem to find many petrol stations with the hose anymore.
    I could do it at home but I'd have to run a hose out the window and people will start moaning.
    So I went to the carwash in Kentish Town. Decent enough job, I thought, without being an expert. Four blokes working very hard for about 20 mins cleaning outside and in for £13.50 seemed reasonable to me. Car nice and shiny for Ms A to drive her mum and sister around at the weekend. :browniepoints: