Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's no escaping it, sitting around vaguely working but mainly

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Never, ever.

Fúck going up a ladder with a sponge. I give the chap water and then fúck off back to the sofa.
    My cats chase him from window to window

How much do you pay, out of interest. My chap asks me for £25 which I find a tad steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm dubious about your ability to maintain the moral high ground in this instance. Are you absolutely sure you've never expressed contemptuous sentiments about people in menial jobs?
    Oh, not at all! I speak from experience. I once would have sympathised entirely with your sense of awkwardness about this sort of thing.

However, I have had the opportunity to re-examine my attitudes and came to the realisation I have outlined to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I would never treat anyone with contempt for their choice of profession. I, of course, reserve the right to secretly hold them in contempt.
    To be fair you have always shown yourself to have a snide, condescending view of most people.

I don't think profession has ever been a criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

How much do you pay, out of interest. My chap asks me for £25 which I find a tad steep.
    It depends entirely on the number of windows, surely?

I have no idea to be honest as I would imagine it is a year since we engaged such a chap.

We had a lad once, a god botherer, who only charged €20 but part of this deal was that I stood at the bottom of the ladder and steadied the thing as he ascended. Naturally what with me a) paying him and b) helping him this was not a long term agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It depends entirely on the number of windows, surely?
    Hmm, he just knocked on my door one day and that was the price he offered me. Didn't count my windows beforehand.

Hmm, he just knocked on my door one day and that was the price he offered me. Didn't count my windows beforehand.
    very vague reply Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have no idea to be honest as I would imagine it is a year since we engaged such a chap.

We had a lad once, a god botherer, who only charged €20 but part of this deal was that I stood at the bottom of the ladder and steadied the thing as he ascended. Naturally what with me a) paying him and b) helping him this was not a long term agreement.
    I'd say him asking you to hold the ladder didn't display a great deal of faith.

£4.50 per time, he does it once a month but only the front of the house. The windows at the back I have to do.....hence they're filthy

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    £4.50 per time, he does it once a month but only the front of the house. The windows at the back I have to do.....hence they're filthy
    £4.50? You bloody slavedriver!