Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday could be a disaster. A Spurs victory could see them close the gap on

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    :naiveimo:
    How so?

Do any of them actually think they are going to win the league??

I would assume most followers and/or supporters of PL football, including THFC, know by now that Chelsea will be champions.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How so?

Do any of them actually think they are going to win the league??

I would assume most followers and/or supporters of PL football, including THFC, know by now that Chelsea will be champions.
    Because more than anyone, Spurs fans know that bragging rights are incredibly vulnerable and can be lost even when you are clearly the superior and more successful side. Consider how much they mocked our attempts to win the Champions League at a time when they couldn't even qualify for the competition.

When we're bellowing 'Wem-ber-ley' at them on Sunday and possibly end their title hopes by taking points off them, it will not feel to them like the page has turned on a glorious new era of north London domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Because more than anyone, Spurs fans know that bragging rights are incredibly vulnerable and can be lost even when you are clearly the superior and more successful side. Consider how much they mocked our attempts to win the Champions League at a time when they couldn't even qualify for the competition.

When we're bellowing 'Wem-ber-ley' at them on Sunday and possibly end their title hopes by taking points off them, it will not feel to them like the page has turned on a glorious new era of north London domination.
    And if they are winning in the game??

As you well know football is very much played in the present and the travails of past games can very often be overlooked, look at us as a perfect example, from media perceived chaos to a bright new future in only a matter of 2 weeks or so.

If they are winning the game and WHL is noisy and raucous as a) it can be and b) it tends to be on NLD then the cries of Wembley from the Park Lane corner will be secondary.

I would expect they will take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This would only bother me if I actually ever look at what Spurs fans do.
    I have to agree here . If we don't win, then I just don't care who does - with the possible exception of Liverpool. Even though I no longer live on Gillespie Road I still have plenty of Spud supporting friends and acquaintences and I find then no more or less disagreeable than supporters of any other team - again Liverpool excepted.

I'd be happy for this to be a repeat of 1995 with them playing the part of Blackburn and us being Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I have to agree here . If we don't win, then I just don't care who does - with the possible exception of Liverpool. Even though I no longer live on Gillespie Road I still have plenty of Spud supporting friends and acquaintences and I find then no more or less disagreeable than supporters of any other team - again Liverpool excepted.

I'd be happy for this to be a repeat of 1995 with them playing the part of Blackburn and us being Everton.

I have a much greater dislike for United and Liverpool, and to a degree supporters thereof, than I do for Spurs.

Monty is obsessed with them, similar to how he likes to criticise them for being obsessed with us, which is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have a much greater dislike for United and Liverpool, and to a degree supporters thereof, than I do for Spurs.

Monty is obsessed with them, similar to how he likes to criticise them for being obsessed with us, which is odd.
    I expect there are a lot of Manchester United and Liverpool fans in your neck of the woods (if you excuse the stereotypical generalisation about glory hunters), whereas Monty has stated that he has many Tottenham acquiants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I expect there are a lot of Manchester United and Liverpool fans in your neck of the woods (if you excuse the stereotypical generalisation about glory hunters), whereas Monty has stated that he has many Tottenham acquiants.
    Speaking of which - Let's all laugh at Bayern, Let's all laugh at Bayern, Let's all laugh at Bayern, lalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Chelsea (depending on their result) and confirm they finish above us.
    Wierdly, I left the ground initially experiencing the emotion of defeat, rather than victory, as news of Spurs' late goal struck. Deep down it must be more important for me that Spurs don't win the league than for Arsenal to have a chance to win the 4th place trophy.

A pint of Abbots in the Coronet sorted that out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Absolutely, totally understand that.

I don't grow fearful in the week before a game all the same, many a time M has come on here in the run up to a NLD stating a bizarre range of emotions.