Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we make a unofficial rule that we will not mention

Or two yards.

Foreigners

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    no you can't

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded

So in other words you have to be 2 metres away
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    no he doesn't, he has to be 2 meters away from the point at which the throw is taken. He can be right on the touchline if he is 10 metres down the pitch
    'Meters'? For shame, la!

Besides, I can't help but feel that discussing the niceties of the laws on this is rather missing the point, which is that Sanchez behaved like an ocean-going bellend.

no you can't

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded

So in other words you have to be 2 metres away
    Is it yards or metres, though? There's 20cm difference between them, which could have made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it yards or metres, though? There's 20cm difference between them, which could have made all the difference.
    I think we may have stumbled upon grounds for an appeal here. Wd awimb.

he could have but he didn't, so Alexis was in the wrong and a free kick was awarded
    The free kick could only be given for simulation - can't give a free kick for not retreating as that link says

It shouldn't have been a free kick anyway as the by the time, Alexis "reacted" the ball was out of play. Should have booked Alexis, booked and then red carded Fuchs and restarted play with another throw

'Meters'? For shame, la!

Besides, I can't help but feel that discussing the niceties of the laws on this is rather missing the point, which is that Sanchez behaved like an ocean-going bellend.
    Oops. But yes I agree with the sentiment about our Chilean chancer

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think we may have stumbled upon grounds for an appeal here. Wd awimb.
    Yup. We should argue that Sanchez has always been a massive fan of Imperial measurements and refuses to acknowledge the metric system.

Yup. We should argue that Sanchez has always been a massive fan of Imperial measurements and refuses to acknowledge the metric system.
    Personally I find the fact that Mrs Insider confuses centimetres with inches both endearing and reassuring!

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Personally I find the fact that Mrs Insider confuses centimetres with inches both endearing and reassuring!
    Mate, inches or centimetres, single figures are single figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sanchez's antics last night.

Ah *******s I've already done it

Shirley, it is the official's responsibility to make sure Sanchez is the correct distance away from the touch line. If they a happy with Sanchez's position when the throw is taking place then, in that instance, the thrower is guilty of ungentlemanly conduct and should be carded. What Sanchez did was embarrassing and its only achievement was getting the other guy off getting a 2nd yellow card
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman