Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can we make a unofficial rule that we will not mention

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Shirley, it is the official's responsibility to make sure Sanchez is the correct distance away from the touch line. If they a happy with Sanchez's position when the throw is taking place then, in that instance, the thrower is guilty of ungentlemanly conduct and should be carded. What Sanchez did was embarrassing and its only achievement was getting the other guy off getting a 2nd yellow card
    All these laws that involve people being x yards or y metres away are utterly ludicrous, of course, in a sport that doesn't have the means for measuring such things properly. Everything ends up being guessed at by the ref, which inevitably leads to dispute.

Mind you, I've always found the laws of football ridiculous, since so many of them are either widely ignored, impossible to enforce consistently or simply questions of interpretation.

It is in many ways, a very silly game.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-27-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is in many ways, a very silly game.
    Right. That's the beauty of it, the genius behind it. That's why it's the best game in the world.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. That's the beauty of it, the genius behind it. That's why it's the best game in the world.
    I agree that it gives it an interesting element of randomness to the thing, which can be both charming and infuriating.

However, test cricket is the best game in the world. That's just a FACT.

I agree that it gives it an interesting element of randomness to the thing, which can be both charming and infuriating.

However, test cricket is the best game in the world. That's just a FACT.
    I love test cricket but there's a reason it's dying; it's not as good as football.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I love test cricket but there's a reason it's dying; it's not as good as football.
    Hmmm. No. That's just popularity. It's like saying that Jackie Collins was better than Leo Tolstoy because she sold more books.

Hmmm. No. That's just popularity. It's like saying that Jackie Collins was better than Leo Tolstoy because she sold more books.
    Well, she's at least better at selling books! It *is* all about bums on seats, at the end of the day.

Sadly, nobody cares about test cricket, yet the whole world reacts and adapts to football's every wish, whim and whimper. If test cricket were forced to be as popular as football, it would be called T20 cricket, or something like that.

Well, she's at least better at selling books! It *is* all about bums on seats, at the end of the day.

Sadly, nobody cares about test cricket, yet the whole world reacts and adapts to football's every wish, whim and whimper. If test cricket were forced to be as popular as football, it would be called T20 cricket, or something like that.
    Yes. The facile and the vulgar will always sell better than the complex or the subtle. No getting away from it.

Yes. The facile and the vulgar will always sell better than the complex or the subtle. No getting away from it.
    Oh? My father was born in some African mare's nest of a disease-ridden ****hole; just show me the money, in cash

Besides, I can't help but feel that discussing the niceties of the laws on this is rather missing the point, which is that Sanchez behaved like an ocean-going bellend.
    It did provide some much-needed entertainment, tbf, in a match unlikely to be remembered for the quality of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Sanchez's antics last night.

Ah *******s I've already done it
    Ive just seen it for the first time, oh my days what a fúcking ****er wd Fuchs imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'