Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we make a unofficial rule that we will not mention

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's how dagoes, eyeties* and such carry on, f. It's part of their culture.

*Not including your glw of course, who I'm sure would never go down theatrically having taken a ball to the face...oh, hang on, that's come out wrong, hasn't it?
    I assure you Burney's point is correct. Dagos and Eyeties very much do this type sh*t.

That said, there is this freaking hot Eyetie director chick whose shoot I will be crashing in a couple short weeks. The point being, one must prejudge if they have tits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    A couple of clarification points here.

1. Sanchez was booked for stopping the throw in being taken (perfectly fine) after a warning, not for any kind of simulation.
    2. The cut lip from Twitter was not from this, it happened earlier.

None of it takes away from the fact that he was hit in the face and the Spud loving media choose to present it differently.

He has to be 2 metres away from the touchline
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    to be moving and try and stop the throw in.

you can be inside of 2m if you are stationary.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

He was sort of taking a little run up and jump towards the thrower, wasn't he? I'd suggest that he did start around 2m out and after he jumped was pretty much on the touchline.

I think Alexis did have a point, to be fair.

Also - I think the cut lip may well have happened when the ball hit him in the face, hit him with some force. That or when he had a little tussle with Huth towards the end.

no you can't

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded

So in other words you have to be 2 metres away

You can stand on the inside of touchline in front of the person taking the throw in but you cannot move or jump.
    I'm surprised the ref didn't tell Sanchez to stop ****ing about sooner
    Not sure if this rule has changed recently but all opponents have to stand 2m from the ball at at throw in. Ref can warn the player once and only book him if he fails to retreat. Jones appeared unaware of this rule - useless ****. Him not you

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afd...n_en_47365.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    no he doesn't, he has to be 2 meters away from the point at which the throw is taken. He can be right on the touchline if he is 10 metres down the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    no he doesn't, he has to be 2 meters away from the point at which the throw is taken. He can be right on the touchline if he is 10 metres down the pitch
    So the chap could have just taken the throw in from a little further back, you mean?

Basildon Bond?

I know, that doesn't really work

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So the chap could have just taken the throw in from a little further back, you mean?
    he could have but he didn't, so Alexis was in the wrong and a free kick was awarded