Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we make a unofficial rule that we will not mention

Can we make a unofficial rule that we will not mention

Sanchez's antics last night.

Ah *******s I've already done it
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 04-27-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Too late, I reckon ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    https://twitter.com/Alexis_Sanchez/s...42070419316736
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

in that case

Check the footage too. The ball clearly hits his face as well as his shoulder. Agreed that it was an overreaction, but it still hit him in the face.

I don't get it, there are a couple of points to be clarified:

1. The ball clearly hits him in the mouth after deflecting off his shoulder. Why was this not mentioned on the commentary?
    2. Is it an offence to stand in front of the thrower like that? I was unaware that it was. If it's not an offence, surely the thrower should be charged with a) time wasting by not throwing the ball back into play b) hurling the ball at a player with intent to harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

1. The ball clearly hits him in the mouth after deflecting off his shoulder. Why was this not mentioned on the commentary?
    2. Is it an offence to stand in front of the thrower like that? I was unaware that it was. If it's not an offence, surely the thrower should be charged with a) time wasting by not throwing the ball back into play b) hurling the ball at a player with intent to harm.
    Commentary are too busy taking the piss out of us Rich.

and when Coq and Walcott were subbed. I was sort of thought of hoping it was a permanent substitution
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 04-27-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

You can stand on the inside of touchline in front of the person taking the throw in but you cannot move or jump.
    I'm surprised the ref didn't tell Sanchez to stop ****ing about sooner
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You can stand on the inside of touchline in front of the person taking the throw in but you cannot move or jump.
    Arsenal are the best team for having rules clarified.

Genius quick freekick. Put an end to that wait for the ref's whistle

And that thing Henry used to do stealing the ball mid goal kick.

In other words same old Arsenal always cheating

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A couple of clarification points here.

1. Sanchez was booked for stopping the throw in being taken (perfectly fine) after a warning, not for any kind of simulation.
    2. The cut lip from Twitter was not from this, it happened earlier.

None of it takes away from the fact that he was hit in the face and the Spud loving media choose to present it differently.

It's how dagoes, eyeties* and such carry on, f. It's part of their culture.

*Not including your glw of course, who I'm sure would never go down theatrically having taken a ball to the face...oh, hang on, that's come out wrong, hasn't it?