Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Emirates Cup Is Back!!!111

The Emirates Cup Is Back!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Final warm up before the serious business of the Charity Shield the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Final warm up before the serious business of the Charity Shield the week after.
    spurs as runner-up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    spurs as runner-up imo.
    I thought the cup runners-up played in this scenario.

2nd in the league imo. Or Chelsea will play England.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

When Chelsea last won the double, they played man u as Prem runners-up in the CS. I'm guessing this hasn't changed...

The league runners-up are always first invited in this scenario - Man United playing Chelsea rather than Portsmouth in 2010 being the latest example. Of course, both teams can decline - as happened in 1972. Or in 1971 when we pulled out to go on a tour. "End of the World as we know it as double winners put commercial interests before traditions of the game. Will the Charity Shield ever be the same again" shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The league runners-up are always first invited in this scenario - Man United playing Chelsea rather than Portsmouth in 2010 being the latest example. Of course, both teams can decline - as happened in 1972. Or in 1971 when we pulled out to go on a tour. "End of the World as we know it as double winners put commercial interests before traditions of the game. Will the Charity Shield ever be the same again" shocker
    German weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I thought Arsenal played and beat England, or am I making **** up again? I really don't know anymore.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I thought Arsenal played and beat England, or am I making **** up again? I really don't know anymore.
    Are you thinking of Spurs in 1961 playing an FA select XI which was basically the England team? Or the 1950 England world cup squad taking on Canada in 1950?

Not one involving the Arsenal, I'm afraid