Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “The semi-final win will convince *everybody* that with the right energy levels

“The semi-final win will convince *everybody* that with the right energy levels

and the right fighting spirit, the right togetherness we can beat everybody."

I think He means the players, not us
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

What he is really suggesting by 'right energy levels' he is insinuating playing against a team who isn't drugged to the tits.

City clearly are not as towards the game they were hardly moving.

No Pep in their step

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What he is really suggesting by 'right energy levels' he is insinuating playing against a team who isn't drugged to the tits.

City clearly are not as towards the game they were hardly moving.

No Pep in their step
    No, you only talk about cheating when you've lost, I think. This time we won fair and square so everything was correct and above board.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well personally speaking, and I say this now that the initial burst of euphoria has subsided, it has convinced me of fúck all.

#Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well personally speaking, and I say this now that the initial burst of euphoria has subsided, it has convinced me of fúck all.

#Wenger out.
    We are mere supporters, SW. We are deemed to be convinced already. You know the thing; by far the greatest team, we want our Arsenal back and a' that

No, you only talk about cheating when you've lost, I think. This time we won fair and square so everything was correct and above board.
    Hence it's their turn to complain about being kicked off the park and having a goal chalked off. Reasonably so imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hence it's their turn to complain about being kicked off the park and having a goal chalked off. Reasonably so imo.
    Fouls Arsenal 20-Manchester City 20
    Bookings: Arsenal 2-Manchester City 5

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (or pick Stones as it turns out)

The tackle that injured Silva (a player who commits an astonishing amount of fouls but never seems to get a card) was fairly innocuous (and not as bad as Kompany's on Mesut).

Can't argue with the goal though - very poor decision

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fouls Arsenal 20-Manchester City 20
    Bookings: Arsenal 2-Manchester City 5

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (or pick Stones as it turns out)

The tackle that injured Silva (a player who commits an astonishing amount of fouls but never seems to get a card) was fairly innocuous (and not as bad as Kompany's on Mesut).

Can't argue with the goal though - very poor decision
    Yes, I was rather, um, disappointed at the time when Kompany wasn't booked for that foul, especially when Alexis was (rightly) booked for the same sort of cynical foul a moment later. Kompany had another moment when he might have got booked later, ISTR.

Keown described Gabby Pallister's challenge on Silva as "wanting the ball too much" . I agree it wasn't particularly nasty. Just particularly effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, I was rather, um, disappointed at the time when Kompany wasn't booked for that foul, especially when Alexis was (rightly) booked for the same sort of cynical foul a moment later. Kompany had another moment when he might have got booked later, ISTR.

Keown described Gabby Pallister's challenge on Silva as "wanting the ball too much" . I agree it wasn't particularly nasty. Just particularly effective.
    wd Martin. I was a bit surprised seeing those stats as the half-time figures were Arsenal 11 - Man City 16. Meaning City conceded only four free kicks in the last 75 minutes. I seem to recall Fernandinho committing about twice that on his own in the second half - although the ref missed most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    wd Martin. I was a bit surprised seeing those stats as the half-time figures were Arsenal 11 - Man City 16. Meaning City conceded only four free kicks in the last 75 minutes. I seem to recall Fernandinho committing about twice that on his own in the second half - although the ref missed most of them
    Fernandinho is a player I like, but a player who appears to have that mystical ability to make many fouls, often little innocuous fouls, with little or no repercussions. Yes he will often get a yellow but the continued fouling rarely sees red.

A domestic Casemiro if you will.

The anti-Xhaka almost if you will really indulge me*.

*please don’t give me stats on how many of GX’s reds have been straight as opposed to yellow x 2