Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is Theresa May really going to spend the next six weeks repeating the terms 'strong

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Or that one's own intelligence makes one interesting to other people, funny, right, attractive to the opposite sex, and immune from getting one's ****ing round in.
    Right. Exactly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think the problem with salesmen is that they think (yes, I know it is their job) that I am stupid enough to believe their bollix, so am forced in return to think that they are stupid to think that I am that stupid.

Of course, Monty could be right and that deep down I do generally think people are stupid, but a strongly-developed layer of morality disapproves of such sneering, arrogant condescenion by covering it up with a fog of warm respect. I doubt it, though. i don't think I'm clever enough to do that.
    It's like the football, isn't it. It's just all part of the game, nothing more. No need to judge anybody at all.

*We* may not have fallen for our new Three-at-the-Back routine, but Guardiola evidently did because the final score says so. It doesn't mean we think he's stupid or lacks intelligence or even that he's a poor coach, does it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And he's helped you avoid nearly a quarter of a million pounds worth of bother.

It all depends on perspective, don't it.
    I have explained what happened before, but there is a football match to go to now, so another time.

Enjoy the match wherever you are watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Excellent.

Isn't it more about making the beginning of June the end of May?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have explained what happened before, but there is a football match to go to now, so another time.

Enjoy the match wherever you are watching it.
    You, too