Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Interesting that you look for the positives in people. I think, to some extent, we all do. If I am forced to have a conversation with someone I don't know then the natural reaction is to find common ground and talk about something where you can both make a contribution to the conversation. To do the opposite and start talking about something that upsets or completely sidelines the other person would be an odd way to behave.

I think we all try and interact with what we see as he positives in other people, it is just that some of us don't like to admit it.

For one thing, it sounds a bit gay
Well, I should qualify my position by saying that as an introvert I often avoid talking to people at all, and there are some people I absolutely do not want to have a conversation with as it is all too awkward, but where it matters (the workplace) to make interactions with people I am quite personable and seek to establish good relations by looking for people's qualities. The only people I am likely to characterise as stupid are salesmen, for thinking that I might fall for their bullshít

If that's gay then so be it but I should remind you that there is nothing wrong with being gay in twenty-seventen, young man.