Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't all speak at once

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have a scam for you, Pat.

All you have to do is buy the Brixton Academy.

Sell pints of Tuborg for £5.50. Cost price: 28p including the plastic glass.

Kerching!
    Is it Brixton that has that cool roof when you go up the top level it looks like you are looking at the sky?

I didn't. A colleague used to work there just told me about the markup.

How is your GDPR going this week? I am about to go into a Sales Force demo, where I shall ask them how their bleeding "360 degree customer view" is made GDPR compliant.
    Quiet week so far on that front. We have engaged a third party expert body to come in and carry out a review. I expect this will become a massive ball ache as my boss is quite afraid of all this stuff and I am very sure it will fall to me. He referred to me last week as a Data Protection Champion which I have to be honest caused me to get vexed but I buttoned my lip.

I know his game you see, if he was to formally recognise me as DPO then he may assume I would be looking for more money in recognition of said responsibility. I would not for the record.

You may need to carry out a review of the data on Sales Force, privacy impact assessments and so forth.

The whole thing is a mess, it is worse than starting Giroud up front in an important game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Is it Brixton that has that cool roof when you go up the top level it looks like you are looking at the sky?
    I have seen stars in there many times.

Hawkwind, The Orb among the most and at the same time least memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    it is worse than starting Giroud up front in an important game.
    It worked last time.

Sort of.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Who did you go to see?
    Going to see Leftfield there in May. Let's hope they bass the plaster off the ceiling again again. :tinnitus:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I saw Lou Reed there in 1984. New Sensations Tour, I think!

He was **** by then.

I know his game you see, if he was to formally recognise me as DPO then he may assume I would be looking for more money in recognition of said responsibility. I would not for the record.
    To be a DPO you presumably have to be the official compliancy policeman going around telling people off for not following joyless bureaucratic procedures.

What fun.

To be a DPO you presumably have to be the official compliancy policeman going around telling people off for not following joyless bureaucratic procedures.

What fun.
    Yes and he/she is free to perform their duties independently and free of interference (or influence) from management.

In fact a DPO cannot be dismissed during the course of his/her tenure other than in cases of gross misconduct and/or simply refusing to or being incapable of performing the duties.

In summary you can raise awareness of and create a shítstorm of hassle for your employer and not be kicked out on that basis.