Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any of you f*cknuts still scapegoating sanchy boy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As la points out, it's where he gives the ball away that's the problem
    No, that's what you have other players for.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, that's what you have other players for.
    Not if he's so deep he's actually the last man when he loses it! He's a goalscorer, he should be nowhere near our goal, at any time!!

Wrong argument, I'm afraid. Forwards are measured by their goals, not their passing stats. And he is our best goalscorer, so while that is the case, he's allowed to give the ball away as much as he wants.
    Of course Patrick gave the ball away quite a bit too, and we forgave him for that because he was Patrick. He didn't give it away as much as this bloke though, and not as sloppily. Others have mentioned where he is giving it away, and asking what he is doing there when we have other players whose job it is to play football in that part of the field.

I joked to my neighbour at the Leicester game, I think, that Alexis gives the ball away every four minutes. Some banter followed about this back-of-an-envelope calculation but at Spurs he did actually give the ball away 20 times, which averages every four-and-a-half minutes. The team pays a heavy price for that, which must be offset against his goal-scoring wizardy. Football matches are not won by the team with the best goal-scorer. They are won by the team which concedes fewer goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Of course Patrick gave the ball away quite a bit too, and we forgave him for that because he was Patrick. He didn't give it away as much as this bloke though, and not as sloppily. Others have mentioned where he is giving it away, and asking what he is doing there when we have other players whose job it is to play football in that part of the field.

I joked to my neighbour at the Leicester game, I think, that Alexis gives the ball away every four minutes. Some banter followed about this back-of-an-envelope calculation but at Spurs he did actually give the ball away 20 times, which averages every four-and-a-half minutes. The team pays a heavy price for that, which must be offset against his goal-scoring wizardy. Football matches are not won by the team with the best goal-scorer. They are won by the team which concedes fewer goals.
    We've been defending poorly for nearly a decade
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

We've been defending poorly for nearly a decade
    Well, yes, but I do feel that is avoiding my point, somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Do you remember the FA cup semi-final replay in 1999, a? Dennis Bergkamp missed a penalty and Patrick Vieira gave the ball away, whence Ryan Giggs ran through our defence and smashed the ball into the roof of the net. Manchester United went on to complete a memorable and unique Treble of league, champions league and FA cup, whilst we won nothing. We still haven't won the champions league, you know. United have won it several times, in fairness to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you remember the FA cup semi-final replay in 1999, a? Dennis Bergkamp missed a penalty and Patrick Vieira gave the ball away, whence Ryan Giggs ran through our defence and smashed the ball into the roof of the net. Manchester United went on to complete a memorable and unique Treble of league, champions league and FA cup, whilst we won nothing. We still haven't won the champions league, you know. United have won it several times, in fairness to them.
    Anelka offside

No, I'd forgotten all about that. Man Utd fans didn't mention it last sunday or anything.

Goes without saying that Giggs should have been decapitated just below the knee mid way between the half way line and our box.