Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I remain unconvinced that our improvement had much to do with the formation change

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    they need to maintain their change of attitude and belief in one another

Still got some kinks to iron out in this new system...problem areas...that will cost us but with everyone at least running their arses off and working hard we can can get past this i.e. Ramsey is still out of form, Ozil isn't playing his natural game and his role would be better suited to another type off player and Giroud was largely ineffective for long periods yesterday...need someone a bit more dynamic in his role.

Just about Ramsey...Wouldn't mind slotting Mustafi into his role when he's back...add more steel in their...should be fun with him and Xhaka in there plus a back 3 behind them.
    I rather liked the look of Chambers in there last season - that could be an option or he can slot into the back three as well. Lots of talk about Arda Turan - in this system he could be the perfect Santi replacement imo

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The midfield worked harder at closing down and keeping their shape defensively than at any point this season, and by some distance. Well done Arsenal midfield.
    Personally I disagree. Having three at the back (or five when we're defending), does give us more coverage across the middle. Look at how many goals we conceded where players got in between the two centre backs. Particularly notable when the CBs were pulled wide to cover for a marauding full back. Now there is still cover in the middle when that happens. It also gives both full backs more liberty to attack as a pair.

As for the MC goal. Ridiculous to blame Ramsey. If giving the ball away on the edge of the opponents box leads to a goal for them, it's not the fault of the person that lost the ball. All teams will lose possession in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Personally I disagree. Having three at the back (or five when we're defending), does give us more coverage across the middle. Look at how many goals we conceded where players got in between the two centre backs. Particularly notable when the CBs were pulled wide to cover for a marauding full back. Now there is still cover in the middle when that happens. It also gives both full backs more liberty to attack as a pair.

As for the MC goal. Ridiculous to blame Ramsey. If giving the ball away on the edge of the opponents box leads to a goal for them, it's not the fault of the person that lost the ball. All teams will lose possession in these situations.
    How we left SA closer to our goal than any defender is beyond me...... and how they got a 3v2 towards the end of extra time...... we have a lot of work still to do but early signs are promising
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I think the manner of the disposession was disappointing. Giroud in some space, loads in front of the ball and looks like he decided to dribble through two or three players. Who does he think he is? Alexis Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think the manner of the disposession was disappointing. Giroud in some space, loads in front of the ball and looks like he decided to dribble through two or three players. Who does he think he is? Alexis Sanchez?
    Yes, and then he's the first to complain when someone doesn't give him the ball despite being the most LOOK AT ME ball hogging **** in the team.

LOL. Good man A.

Yeah, it was disappointing. It should have ended our attack, not led to a goal in four kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    How we left SA closer to our goal than any defender is beyond me...... and how they got a 3v2 towards the end of extra time...... we have a lot of work still to do but early signs are promising
    Yes, the 3v2 was a complete and utter brain fail. Agree with you, early signs are promising, but still a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I rather liked the look of Chambers in there last season - that could be an option or he can slot into the back three as well. Lots of talk about Arda Turan - in this system he could be the perfect Santi replacement imo
    On FIFA, PSG want 95 million euros for Chambers
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    On FIFA, PSG want 95 million euros for Chambers
    Worth every penny, red. Knows where the goal is too