Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I remain unconvinced that our improvement had much to do with the formation change

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Something about it resetting the mind-set of players too, perhaps. The formation alone doesn't explain how they were suddenly winning balls, 'snapping into tackles', as they say, and roughing opponents up.
    Right. It's the way a manager can show them what his priorities are this week. I doubt Wenger would even mind the goal Manchester City scored too much.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. It's the way a manager can show them what his priorities are this week. I doubt Wenger would even mind the goal Manchester City scored too much.
    I bloody did.

Keeper bottled it. I'll let WES point out who gave the ball away with almost everyone ahead of it.

I bloody did.

Keeper bottled it. I'll let WES point out who gave the ball away with almost everyone ahead of it.
    Oh, yes. Fair enough but it was supposed to be against Pepball, not Allardyceball.

Point is, when they were in control (first half), they barely laid a glove on us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I bloody did.

:bitestongue:

I bloody did.

BTW, at that moment both little master WES and, I'm told, little master SW, learned some new words which their respective fathers asked them to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    BTW, at that moment both little master WES and, I'm told, little master SW, learned some new words which their respective fathers asked them to forget.

Keep your breath for cooling your porridge, imo. Boys just need to learn discretion, and preferably from *you*.

They are going to be men, after all. Hopefully.

they need to maintain their change of attitude and belief in one another

Still got some kinks to iron out in this new system...problem areas...that will cost us but with everyone at least running their arses off and working hard we can can get past this i.e. Ramsey is still out of form, Ozil isn't playing his natural game and his role would be better suited to another type off player and Giroud was largely ineffective for long periods yesterday...need someone a bit more dynamic in his role.

Just about Ramsey...Wouldn't mind slotting Mustafi into his role when he's back...add more steel in their...should be fun with him and Xhaka in there plus a back 3 behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The midfield worked harder at closing down and keeping their shape defensively than at any point this season, and by some distance. Well done Arsenal midfield.

The question that has been rightly asked, and all supporters should ask more often, is why do we so rarely see this in our team? Athletico Madrid, as an example, play like this almost every game, so why can't we?

Amazing how much better CBs look when they don't get dragged out wide or have to step up into midfield and can spend the game clearing balls played into the box in which they are standing. See also, John Terry's entire career.

And to think some of you didn't want Spurs in the final. Precisely no question in my mind we would have beat that lot in the final. Oh well.

In the first half, we were being dragged about a bit. The wing backs occasionally found themselves wrong side of the CB and the diagonal ball did cause us quite a few problems. Fortunately, the City final balls were not great. The best thing that happened was Silva going off. That was a big moment for us.

But, the players stuck with it and were outstanding 2nd half (minus the goal) and in ET. We need to show this level of commitment in every game. The quality of the players will come through but we have to create that position in the game for those players to add the quality.
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 04-24-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    The best thing that happened was Silva going off. That was a big moment for us.
    Gabriel

When was the last time we kicked an opponent off the park?

Gabriel

When was the last time we kicked an opponent off the park?

Probably not since Flamini was any good?

to Xhaka as well. He made every single challenge that he needed to and didn't go to ground unless it was necessary.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman