Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was really quite enjoyable, imho. I am becoming rather fond of our dear Gabriel

That was really quite enjoyable, imho. I am becoming rather fond of our dear Gabriel

Paulista. Gives it his all and has become quite a physical specimen. Also very fast.

Anyway, wd Arsenal, wd back 5, wd AW. Arsene IN!

Champagne on ice.

The back three were extremely good. Holding does look like a real prospect. Gabriel looked like a proper centre-half.

Xhaka worked hard and managed to avoid his obligatory card until extra-time.

Disappointing - Giroud never got going, Welbeck was wasteful. And that prattish loss of the ball from Ramsey and Cech's slowness in coming out which nearly cost us the game

Great team performance though

Maybe a back 3 suits Gabriel better. Can't see wenger dropping the formation now

Wenger never changes something if it's working. I thought it was madness to keep the back three today but fair play to him, it worked.

I wouldn't mind Bellerin back on the wing and Ox taking Ozil's role but Bellerin needs to have ankle surgery so I guess that's why Ox has stepped in on the wing.

back 3 were awesome and Xhaka had his best game ever.

Finally he's playing people on their right positions and they are excelling.

Ramsey did okay...better than recent performances. It might take him a while longer to get of the slump he's found himself in.

For me...if his plan is to commit to the back 3 long term that he can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I wouldn't mind Bellerin back on the wing and Ox taking Ozil's role but Bellerin needs to have ankle surgery so I guess that's why Ox has stepped in on the wing.

back 3 were awesome and Xhaka had his best game ever.

Finally he's playing people on their right positions and they are excelling.

Ramsey did okay...better than recent performances. It might take him a while longer to get of the slump he's found himself in.

For me...if his plan is to commit to the back 3 long term that he can stay.
    You think Ozil is Finnish? I thought he ran about a lot today but was a bit out of puff in extra time. I want to see Iwobi more, though. So maybe he does need ****ing out the window?

Ox, Gabriel and Holding all very good today but Monreal was MOTM by a mile.
    "...the Liverpool players are down, absolutely abject. Aldridge is down. Barnes is down. Dalglish just stands there. Nicol's on his knees. McMahon is on his knees..."

I think Ox showed today how good he can be and why it's crazy that we haven't always found a use for him.

Wenger said something post match which I found interesting and perhaps have read too much into...he made a point to call out Ozil and said - Even Ozil...he gets so much stick about his lack of effort but today he did well.

Made me think...if he's said that then he's quite aware there is an issue there. i think we'll cash in him in the summer. We didn't buy him to put himself about but that seems to be all he's good for now.

Interesting his improved form has come when the rumours are going around that hes going to lower his wage demands because of a lack of interest in him...

We'll need to balance the books anyway...need a world class striker for this system, an extra centre half and also to pay Alexis 300k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossGun View Post
    Monreal was MOTM by a mile.
    Agreed. Even for their goal, a lesser player would've got himself sent off there.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."