Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky lucky Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not me - I recall saying that Monaco were exceedingly good and a much better team than when they beat us
    Welcome back Jorge!

I would say yes - with the Europa league Champions League spot they negated the need to finish fourth and the league was gone a long time back thanks to Chelsea's run which they could do little about. Others might disagree
    I would concur.

2 x trophy success plus a CL qualification for the following season, all in the first season for a new manager.

Cannot surely be anything other than a success.

I would say yes - with the Europa league Champions League spot they negated the need to finish fourth and the league was gone a long time back thanks to Chelsea's run which they could do little about. Others might disagree
    and Europa league winners get a CL spot now?

Good point. That prize does raise the value of that competition. Maybe we should take it seriously after all. I can't wait to play Dynamo Tractorworks in the group stages

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would concur.

2 x trophy success plus a CL qualification for the following season, all in the first season for a new manager.

Cannot surely be anything other than a success.
    Would losing the final would be a failure IYO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. They *have* to end up in the Champions League.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Probably yes, I think CL qualification is the yardstick by which success is measured these days.

You and I may not agree but such is life.

RIP football.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Probably yes, I think CL qualification is the yardstick by which success is measured these days.
    Like a trophy, then.

Like a trophy, then.
    It's our trophy I want it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's our trophy I want it back!
    I want our :trophy: smiley back