Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Why do the Allans hate france so much?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I just ordered a new Stratocaster
    Your collection has a glaring and quite unacceptable omission. Where is your 355? Every axeman must have his Lucille!



  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Your collection has a glaring and quite unacceptable omission. Where is your 355? Every axeman must have his Lucille!


    You are dead right Mr Chapman.

    Haven't decided what colour I would like. Perhaps a read ES 335 like Clapton had in Cream.

    And I want a vintage acoustic guitar but I am not very good acoustically.
    hard to hide my weaknesses on an acoustic.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    You are dead right Mr Chapman.

    Haven't decided what colour I would like. Perhaps a read ES 335 like Clapton had in Cream.

    And I want a vintage acoustic guitar but I am not very good acoustically.
    hard to hide my weaknesses on an acoustic.
    If I had a couple of K's to spare i'd have a blond one. Used to see this fella a lot in the couple of years leading up to his untimely and somewhat grisly end. He was a monster guitarist and always played a blond 355. He also favoured your Les Paul Junior in his rock star days.

    Check this out Fash. Wait til he about half way through "30 Days in the Hole", about 3.30, when he manages to inject "Mr Pitiful" into the song and goes on a rythym chopping spree that will have you weeping at your own ability

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    If I had a couple of K's to spare i'd have a blond one. Used to see this fella a lot in the couple of years leading up to his untimely and somewhat grisly end. He was a monster guitarist and always played a blond 355. He also favoured your Les Paul Junior in his rock star days.

    Check this out Fash. Wait til he about half way through "30 Days in the Hole", about 3.30, when he manages to inject "Mr Pitiful" into the song and goes on a rythym chopping spree that will have you weeping at your own ability
    Steve Marriott?
    Les Paul juniors are amazing there is just something about the tone you get from a simple design one P90 guitar.

    I am pretty crap at guitar really. I reached the point where I don't know where to go next.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    monty posted a link to the ISIS magazine a while ago that was quite interesting. There was a lengthy editorial answering this question (more generally than France, specifically). It said that they hate us and will continue to fight us not because of the Iraq war, or Palestine, or any other political reason, but because we aren't Muslim and Mohammed told them to kill us or enslave us unless we convert. They were, like, yah boo sucks, don't bother trying to be nice or make a political settlement, we're going to kill you anyway. Which seemed fair.

    France suffers particularly just because they've got loads of them, I think.
    Yes, ''We are not fighting so that you will offer us something; we are fighting to eliminate you.'' As our old friend Hussein Massawi put it.

    As you say, fair enough, as an opening gambit. I'm sure I've made similar recommendations to Amex and Mastercard, for example, regarding their criminally lunatic ideas about allowing wives with teenaged daughters to operate credit card facilities in their own names.

    Perfectly sensible and prudent, under the circumstances.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Because they're garlic stenching surrender monkies. Oh no, that's why we hate them. Pass!
    Right. France seems to be fine, except for the ongoing presence of the French. Nobody seems to like 'em.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 04-21-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. France seems to be fine, except for the ongoing presence of the French. Nobody seems to like 'em.
    It's always that feeling that one should be grateful which causes one to want to bite back. Bite the hand that feeds 'em! The French generously permitted the "Allans" to grow amongst them, and all they got was a lousy t-shirt!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •