Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allegri...shut out Barca over both legs

Allegri...shut out Barca over both legs

And to be honest they were good value for the win...did a right number on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Yes, I'm surprised they didn't win actually, with that forward line of theirs. The Arsenal may prove a bit of an eye-opener for him, if he joins us in the Summer
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I watched Dortmund v Monaco, very enjoyable.

Great week of CL games. Wd CL.

Barca looked utterly toothless, a shadow of the team of a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Chielini and Bonnucci are a pair of monsters.

wd juve.

that PSG result was a bit too unbelievable for my liking.

that PSG result was a bit too unbelievable for my liking.
    It is important to not allow one’s dislike of Barcelona to cloud the issue here and as a result to completely overlook the huge part PSG played in their own downfall in this game. Of course this would go against the conspiracy theory that some love to indulge in.

During the game both Cavani and especially Di Maria had chances to put the game completely beyond Barcelona but failed, goals which would have completely dismissed the possibility of the final outcome as it evolved. Essentially the PSG shat their pants.

The one shame that came from the final result was the almost unanimous overlooking of the simply outrageous piece of cheating by Suarez to win the penalty, in such a high profile match. For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Barca looked utterly toothless, a shadow of the team of a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Chielini and Bonnucci are a pair of monsters.

wd juve.
    Right. But didn't every team use to have a pair of backs of that sort? Probably just my memory playing tricks on me again.

As my ten year-old son put it the other day, with a wisdom far beyond his years, I felt; at the top level, slow defenders should *never* be beaten for pace.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. But didn't every team use to have a pair of backs of that sort? Probably just my memory playing tricks on me again.

As my ten year-old son put it the other day, with a wisdom far beyond his years, I felt; at the top level, slow defenders should *never* be beaten for pace.
    Juventus look like a proper football team.

Defenders whose prime, some may say only, purpose is to defend by means dark or fair. Midfield players who are full of energy and not afraid of the football and a striking department who feature an almost old fashioned big unit but also the chap who at times looks almost portly but will over a season score a **** load of goals. Throw in for good measure 1-2 fancy dan types, or relative fancy dan types, and bang.

Not a prima donna in sight, apart from in the stands.

Even Dani Alves looks like less of a ****.

I for one hope they now win it. Forza Juve (as J would say if he were here).

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Juventus look like a proper football team.

Defenders whose prime, some may say only, purpose is to defend by means dark or fair. Midfield players who are full of energy and not afraid of the football and a striking department who feature an almost old fashioned big unit but also the chap who at times looks almost portly but will over a season score a **** load of goals. Throw in for good measure 1-2 fancy dan types, or relative fancy dan types, and bang.

Not a prima donna in sight, apart from in the stands.

Even Dani Alves looks like less of a ****.

I for one hope they now win it. Forza Juve (as J would say if he were here).
    Right, and also considering the players they've lost lately, it's a fine effort.

They'd be lucky to finish top four in England though, mind. Just because everybody would be.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I watched Dortmund v Monaco, very enjoyable.

Great week of CL games. Wd CL.
    Despite disliking BT Sport, I did grit my teeth and try to take out a subscription at the beginning of the season, but their website refused to accept my details so I thought "phuck 'em". Annoying really, as I have missed all sorts of things. Damn and blast British Telecom!