Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allegri...shut out Barca over both legs

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Despite disliking BT Sport, I did grit my teeth and try to take out a subscription at the beginning of the season, but their website refused to accept my details so I thought "phuck 'em". Annoying really, as I have missed all sorts of things. Damn and blast British Telecom!
    I'm going to say this quietly, but, between us girls, Steve McManaman is actually Ok as a co-commentator. One doesn't necessarily agree with everything he says, of course, but his delivery is pleasingly natural and his views apparently honest and lacking in narrative.

He does appear to hate The Arsenal, but these days, who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm going to say this quietly, but, between us girls, Steve McManaman is actually Ok as a co-commentator. One doesn't necessarily agree with everything he says, of course, but his delivery is pleasingly natural and his views apparently honest and lacking in narrative.

I rather like *all* the pundits, to be honest. Anyway, I'm always fascinated by what they have to say about football. Rather like one is always fascinated to hear what one's dogs have to say about coursing.

I think they make a good job of it too. Current managers and players are reluctant to really say anything so *somebody* has to fill this breach. Rio Ferdinand.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I rather like *all* the pundits, to be honest. Anyway, I'm always fascinated by what they have to say about football. Rather like one is always fascinated to hear what one's dogs have to say about coursing.

I think they make a good job of it too. Current managers and players are reluctant to really say anything so *somebody* has to fill this breach. Rio Ferdinand.
    Does the *all* include Tony Gale ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I noted at one point on Tuesday evening during the Munich-Madrid game that his co-commentator mentioned how the German had scored 10 in their previous round at which point McManaman enquired as to who they had scored 10 against. Of course he knew, he was simply joshing us.

Scouse **** that he is.

His delivery sometimes can be funny such as his continued insistence on referring to PSG simply as Paris or Ronaldo simply as Cristiano.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I noted at one point on Tuesday evening during the Munich-Madrid game that his co-commentator mentioned how the German had scored 10 in their previous round at which point McManaman enquired as to who they had scored 10 against. Of course he knew, he was simply joshing us.

Scouse **** that he is.

His delivery sometimes can be funny such as his continued insistence on referring to PSG simply as Paris or Ronaldo simply as Cristiano.
    That famous Scouse wit, isn't it. Alan "Smudge" tells a story of the time when, looking around the ground awaiting kickoff at Highbury, Jason McAteer, with a cheeky grin, enquired to him, "Which one do you lot call the "Clock End", then?" To which Smith replied, "That one, over there."

They hate us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, I'm surprised they didn't win actually, with that forward line of theirs.
    So you're saying that strikers are overrated, are you red?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So you're saying that strikers are overrated, are you red?
    More that they did their job in the first leg