Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Vegas's Town/City review. This week 2 locations.

Pat Vegas's Town/City review. This week 2 locations.

Dover.

I was expecting a little bit more from the town centre.
    Rubbish just a load of poor people shops and horrible people. Cliffs are ace walked all the way along for ages to find a underwhelming lighthouse. but highly recommended. Didn't bother with the Castle.

Summary, Nice cliffs crap town.

Folkstone.
    Parking not so simple. The locals are overly helpful and being from London I do not like this. I was parking my car when a crowd of people decided to surround me to tell me I can not park there. Whilst they are all being helpful I decided to say fair enough close up my window and drive off.

Nice beach even though it's stones, Weirdly there are not many pubs there. and the one I went in asked me if I had a reservation
    Shopping average. Restaurant wise not a lot to choose from though went to a very nice Turkish restaurant.
    There is a nice street cobblestoned old fashioned with lots of different sort of shops.

The guitar shop was rubbish only had basic range of guitars. under the £300 mark.
    Probably stayed there a day too long.

Got back to London in an hour may have been speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Dover.

Rubbish just a load of poor people shops and horrible people. Cliffs are ace walked all the way along for ages to find a underwhelming lighthouse. but highly recommended. Didn't bother with the Castle.

Folkstone.
    Parking not so simple. The locals are overly helpful and being from London I do not like this. I was parking my car when a crowd of people decided to surround me to tell me I can not park there. Whilst they are all being helpful I decided to say fair enough close up my window and drive off.

Nice beach even though it's stones, Weirdly there are not many pubs there. and the one I went in asked me if I had a reservation
    Shopping average. Restaurant wise not a lot to choose from though went to a very nice Turkish restaurant.
    There is a nice street cobblestoned old fashioned with lots of different sort of shops.

The guitar shop was rubbish only had basic range of guitars. under the £300 mark.

Dover is an appalling shíthole - always has been as long as I've known it. I've often wondered why foreigners don't land there, take a look around and get straight on the next ferry back.

Shame you missed the castle, though. It's good.

Dover.
    Can't believe you missed out the castle. No point going to Dover if you don't visit the castle imo. Town centre is, as you say, a tad grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dover is an appalling shíthole - always has been as long as I've known it. I've often wondered why foreigners don't land there, take a look around and get straight on the next ferry back.

Unfortunately we went with another couple and their nearly 3 year old. So after visiting the cliffs that was pretty much it.

Folkestone was nice though. Jags seem very popular there everyone seems to be driving one.

Not fond of foreign lorries who like to drive into your path without looking on the motorway

Dover has a nice seafood restaurant on the beach now. I was enjoying lobster and chips at lunchtime last year, watching an EDL march go by, abusing the asylum seekers hanging out of the bed and breakfast windows. So that was nice.

Dover.

Folkstone.

I was in Penzance at the weekend - thought it would be a nice place. It was quite horrible - the Wetherspoons was the nicest pub. Only had to spend an hour or so there and was back in the rather picturesque Mousehole (pronounced Nicholas Nickleby) before long

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Dover has a nice seafood restaurant on the beach now. I was enjoying lobster and chips at lunchtime last year, watching an EDL march go by, abusing the asylum seekers hanging out of the bed and breakfast windows. So that was nice.
    Why were you abusing the asylum seekers?

Why were you abusing the asylum seekers?
    Coming over here, filling up our bed and breakfast accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Coming over here, filling up our bed and breakfast accommodation.
    Fair enough. Brexit means Brexit, after all.

Fair enough. Brexit means Brexit, after all.
    I am going to open my own place called Bed and Brexit. Only for people on the way out.