Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phwoar, Charles! No matter how sick you are, this will turn your crank

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Pretty sure you mean Lake Road Kitchen, I loved it.

He brings in a fish of the day each day and it isn't on the menu but they mention it to you. The people next to us had it and it looked quite stunning. Done with miso and Japanese herbs etc. I'd recommend it.
    Lake, yes, Lake. They told me it's tasting menu only now. Load of smears and foams and gels and textures of this and foraged that.

Lot of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, him and everyone else in the country with a black dog, yes.
    Were they all *******, were there no ******* or ********** or an ironic ******* ***** ******** ****

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Were they all *******, were there no ******* or ********** or an ironic ******* ***** ******** ****
    Mine's called Nero. I think it's OK if it's in Italian.

Lake, yes, Lake. They told me it's tasting menu only now. Load of smears and foams and gels and textures of this and foraged that.

Lot of nonsense.
    Are people still doing all that? How effing tiresome.

What's wrong with a hunk of meat, a nice gravy and a good rake o' spuds?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Shocked at Wes I have to say, new depths of deviancy even for him.

Dutch I expect this from. Plane/ airplane / aeroplane / aircraft etc.
    Old Man WES is ex-RCAF you see, SW. I grew up on air force bases.

Impossible for a young lad in such a position to not develop a love for fighter jets when your dad is flying them.

Being woken up at 3:30am as the Voodoos roared overhead in the latest pointless exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are people still doing all that? How effing tiresome.

What's wrong with a hunk of meat, a nice gravy and a good rake o' spuds?
    Wasn't that way when I ate there. Quite the finest bread I have ever eaten instead of an amuse bouche. Snails to start, beetroot salad then guinea fowl with truffle as I recall. And dessert was the best bit.

Exceptional.

Old Man WES is ex-RCAF you see, SW. I grew up on air force bases.

Impossible for a young lad in such a position to not develop a love for fighter jets when your dad is flying them.

Being woken up at 3:30am as the Voodoos roared overhead in the latest pointless exercise
    Hmmm. This may explain your propensity for extreme volume. Deafened at an early age imo.

Wasn't that way when I ate there. Quite the finest bread I have ever eaten instead of an amuse bouche. Snails to start, beetroot salad then guinea fowl with truffle as I recall. And dessert was the best bit.

Exceptional.
    I assume there is a wine pairing? Quite how I'm supposed to drive home halfway up ****ing wry nose pass, three parts pissed and recovering from a stroke, I've no idea. The whole thing sounds like a disaster.

Exceptional.

Out of interest, how were the snails prepared? I've yet to find a snail that managed to be anything more than ordinary.

I assume there is a wine pairing? Quite how I'm supposed to drive home halfway up ****ing wry nose pass, three parts pissed and recovering from a stroke, I've no idea. The whole thing sounds like a disaster.
    I knew a chap who got Bell's Palsy and ended up with a droopy face. Bad business.