Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phwoar, Charles! No matter how sick you are, this will turn your crank

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Shocked at Wes I have to say, new depths of deviancy even for him.

Dutch I expect this from. Plane/ airplane / aeroplane / aircraft etc.
    Wait until I get my new legs. I will fly again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait until I get my new legs. I will fly again!
    Will you also develop alarmingly right-wing views about race and immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Will you also develop even more alarmingly right-wing views about race and immigration?
    Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.
    While his achievement was remarkable, pretty much everything I've read about Bader does appear to suggest he wasn't a terribly nice man. He certainly didn't have a kind face.

While his achievement was remarkable, pretty much everything I've read about Bader does appear to suggest he wasn't a terribly nice man. He certainly didn't have a kind face.
    I was in Porthleven at the weekend - came across a plaque on Guy Gibson. He was the one with an interesting choice in dog's names wasn't he?

He was, quite frankly, an egomaniacal monster. It could be argued that his obsession with the Big Wing theory came perilously close to losing us the Battle of Britain.

In other words, a true English gentleman.

There is a story about him wandering through a mess hall whilst the erks were dining. Approaching a chap's plate, he poked his swagger stick into the dinner and sneered, 'What is this?'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was in Porthleven at the weekend - came across a plaque on Guy Gibson. He was the one with an interesting choice in dog's names wasn't he?
    Well, him and everyone else in the country with a black dog, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-released-iwm/

I'm pretty sure this is the picture that made me fall in love with it all those years ago.
    I am not that fond of the US WW2 aircraft as they are all a bit too metallic looking for my liking.

Well, him and everyone else in the country with a black dog, yes.
    And my cat's name, of course.

Law Road Kitchen next Wednesday, btw. If it's all poncey nonsense I'm blaming you.
    Pretty sure you mean Lake Road Kitchen, I loved it.

He brings in a fish of the day each day and it isn't on the menu but they mention it to you. The people next to us had it and it looked quite stunning. Done with miso and Japanese herbs etc. I'd recommend it.