Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The usual suspects signalling their virtue hard on facebook :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And - according to that virtue signaler extraordinaire Ian Harvey - she's a liar. And she doesn't want the NHS. And she will tax the rich less. I was shocked he didn't go down the 'she hates the poor' path.

Good ole Ian
    Well Ian and his ilk are about to be confronted with the horrible reality of what their little lefty fantasia of the last two years is about to do to the Labour Party and I don't think they fancy it much,

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Typical bird really - changing her mind all the time. Quite why she vehemently denied she was going to do it so many times is the mystery.
    I would agree. Why rule it out? Unless it was to encourage Labour complacency and division until she felt they'd reached a nadir of unpopularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would agree. Why rule it out? Unless it was to encourage Labour complacency and division until she felt they'd reached a nadir of unpopularity.
    Did they need encouragement? Certain ex-awimnber was still playing the Corbyn has sensible middle of the road policies card rather leaving out the cost of the whole "plan" would bankrupt the country

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently May is behaving like a dictator... by asking parliament to vote. On whether we should have an election.

Can't think of anything less democratic, really.
    Can the opposition call an election anytime they like? Well then, totally undemocratic. Not that I care, or that it's any of my bidness. Nevertheless, I will be coming over to drink yalls beer on the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Can the opposition call an election anytime they like? Well then, totally undemocratic. Not that I care, or that it's any of my bidness. Nevertheless, I will be coming over to drink yalls beer on the 25th.
    The guvmint used to be able to call one when they wanted, but since 2011 they need a two thirds majority in parliament, I think.

The Prime Minister's job is to do what she believes to be best for the country first and her party second.
    Yes, supposedly, but i can't recall a single politician who didn't reverse that order. It might be fair to say that they put themselves first, then their party, then their country.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Yes, supposedly, but i can't recall a single politician who didn't reverse that order. It might be fair to say that they put themselves first, then their party, then their country.
    Cameron! CAMEROON - that's you he's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I imagine they would argue that what is best for the party best qualified to run the country is ipso facto what's best for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Cameron! CAMEROON - that's you he's talking about
    Ah, Cameroon. Never a bad time to remind oneself of this masterpiece of the tackler's art

I imagine they would argue that what is best for the party best qualified to run the country is ipso facto what's best for the country.
    Unfortunate cirmstances tend to arise from confusing party with country, namely dictatorship- or 'one party democracy' if you prefer.