Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am rather sensible with my money these days.

I am rather sensible with my money these days.

but I still find I am spending too much on the general day to day rubbish (household appliances and guitars are exempt)

I wish to spend nothing. No matter how many times I try to bring my own lunches etc I still seem to spend money.
    What do I need to do start drinking tap water too?

Tell me the ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    but I still find I am spending too much on the general day to day rubbish (household appliances and guitars are exempt)

I wish to spend nothing. No matter how many times I try to bring my own lunches etc I still seem to spend money.

Tell me the ways.
    Deffo drink tap water

I can't do the bring my own lunch thing though. Sitting in a caff staring out of the window over a brekkie at lunchtime is the best part of the working day. Also getting up early to prepare stuff

Tell me the ways.
    You have a job, you earn money, you are free to spend it. Chill out

Tell me the ways.
    Starbucks gets far too much of my monies As does the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That's all very well for you, my friend, with your Highgate property in the bag. Pat is saving up for a place in Ponders End.

I need a higher bank roll LA I want the deposit to for a potential house/flat purchase to grow. The thing is I limit my monthly budget these days. I leave myself a rather low sum to live on. after the monthly bills and the money I stick in savings.

an example I was looking at 1 energy drink a day let's say costs £1.50. 5 days a week that's £375 a year.
    The diet has helped as I no longer buy junk food.

This is a short term measure as once I am able to buy the mortgage will be lower than the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's all very well for you, my friend, with your Highgate property in the bag. Pat is saving up for a place in Ponders End.
    Property is over-rated - lunch is far more important

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually that is on the list of affordable places. I had a drive through there the other week to see what was there.

nothing but cash and carries and warehouses.

I am also considering Essex. Why is Grays so cheap?

Property is over-rated - lunch is far more important
    But the way things are going rent price wise. It seems that buying is a much better option. as I am paying somewon elses mortgage I might as well pay one of my own.

Actually that is on the list of affordable places. I had a drive through there the other week to see what was there.

nothing but cash and carries and warehouses.

I am also considering Essex. Why is Grays so cheap?
    Because it is a shíthouse. A factor your average estate agent will leave off the glossy blurb.