Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only two more months of Jeremy Corbyn :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    There's also 4 million UKIP voters likely to vote Tory this time around.
    Well few if any of them will vote for a Corbyn-led Labour party - despite many being traditional Labour voters.

The fact is that, whatever else happens, Labour is almightily fùcked.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    ssdssdssdsdsd

I bet Corbyn is busy writing his victory speech
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I bet Corbyn is busy writing his victory speech
    The funniest thing is if Corbyn and the left try to hang on after a devastating electoral defeat. That could be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The funniest thing is if Corbyn and the left try to hang on after a devastating electoral defeat. That could be hilarious.
    He may well do - the constant carping that it is the destructive Blairists who are causing all their problems show no signs of abating and it's clear who will be to blame when they are hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He may well do - the constant carping that it is the destructive Blairists who are causing all their problems show no signs of abating and it's clear who will be to blame when they are hammered
    The problem is that many of those Blairists will have lost their seats and thus leave the left in total control of the Party. At which point, I'd have thought a split would be inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I cannot pretend to understand politics. I simply see every one of them as being liars and treat them all with equal disdain.
    It's why I've never voted.

Do we know what the Lib Dems plan on doing re Brexit as part of their campaign? Campaign as a Remain party, commit to a new referendum prior or post the negotiations? Something else?

If the Lib Dems manage to find a sensible Remain platform I would not discount them draining the Tories (and Labour) of a large number of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Do we know what the Lib Dems plan on doing re Brexit as part of their campaign? Campaign as a Remain party, commit to a new referendum prior or post the negotiations? Something else?

If the Lib Dems manage to find a sensible Remain platform I would not discount them draining the Tories (and Labour) of a large number of votes.
    Can you back out (in the event of a new referendum) now that the process has officially begun?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Can you back out (in the event of a new referendum) now that the process has officially begun?
    I would have thought so, the EU would jump at the chance, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They're already turning on each other savagely before campaigning's even begun. This could be one of the weirdest election campaigns ever.
    I can confidently predict that Labour will mount the most hilarious, catastrophic election campaign since the infamous 'longest suicide note' campaign of 1983. You are going to love it.

So am I. Getting rid of Corbyn three years earlier than expected is a nice bonus from our generous PM. A minor tactical gamble which could backfire. THe last thing she needs over the next two years is effective opposition and that is the last thing she has at the moment.