Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only two more months of Jeremy Corbyn :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is it utterly impossible that he / they may do okay??
    Most polls show a 20% lead. Now while polls haven't been completely accurate of late they're not that inaccurate.

Well quite, I am curious as to how the vehement anti-Brexit people will go, and there is quite a lot of them.

Is it impossible that they see the whole thing as a Tory made mess and vote accordingly.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

However will UKIP voters still vote UKIP? they had 12% of seats last time.

There are a lot of fed up labour supporters too so I don't know where they will vote.

Well quite, I am curious as to how the vehement anti-Brexit people will go, and there is quite a lot of them.

Is it impossible that they see the whole thing as a Tory made mess and vote accordingly.
    Not as simple as that though. There's people for and against brexit in both camps. IMO tt's far more likely a pro-brexit labour voter would switch to the tories than a anti-brexit tory voter moving to Corbyn's labour or the lib dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Not as simple as that though. There's people for and against brexit in both camps. IMO tt's far more likely a pro-brexit labour voter would switch to the tories than a anti-brexit tory voter moving to Corbyn's labour or the lib dems.
    Given Corbyn's abysmal performance during the referendum and since (doesn't even mention Brexit in his statement just now ffs) no one anti-Brexit would vote for that joker

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do you think they'll go hard on the IRA and general terrorist sympathising stuff during the campaign, or will they be cautious about such tactics after the damage it did to Goldsmith when he tried it with Khan?
    I don't know that it'll be necessary. Unless he performs unexpectedly well, he'll hang himself without them having to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Given Corbyn's abysmal performance during the referendum and since (doesn't even mention Brexit in his statement just now ffs) no one anti-Brexit would vote for that joker
    Poor Jorge, so quickly forgotten.

Malcolm Rifkind says it will be like Michael Foot only worse
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Poor Jorge, so quickly forgotten.
    You also have to appreciate that an awful lot of Labour supporters want Corbyn gone at any cost and may see voting tactically (or not at all) as a means to that end.

As to Brexit, it doesn't split on Party lines. Labour's traditional base is pro-Brexit, while many of the LibDems' traditional heartlands in the southwest are pro-Brexit and won't respond well to an anti-Brexit message and thus will probably stay Tory. The LibDems may pick up seats in urban areas, but that is most likely to be at the expense of Labour rather than the tories. Meanwhile, the tories have the most disciplined and homogenous party and voter base, meaning they should romp home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You also have to appreciate that an awful lot of Labour supporters want Corbyn gone at any cost and may see voting tactically (or not at all) as a means to that end.

As to Brexit, it doesn't split on Party lines. Labour's traditional base is pro-Brexit, while many of the LibDems' traditional heartlands in the southwest are pro-Brexit and won't respond well to an anti-Brexit message and thus will probably stay Tory. The LibDems may pick up seats in urban areas, but that is most likely to be at the expense of Labour rather than the tories. Meanwhile, the tories have the most disciplined and homogenous party and voter base, meaning they should romp home.
    There's also 4 million UKIP voters likely to vote Tory this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I cannot pretend to understand politics. I simply see every one of them as being liars and treat them all with equal disdain.