Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a great Easter weekend. Spurs now in with a real shout of winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I suppose 50/51 was when the Cold War really got going
    Korea, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, my dear chap. Sounds more like your inner ear, tbh. I had that a while ago. When I lay down at a certain angle, I'd feel like I was plunging into the depths of hell. Sorted itself out.
    I've certainly peered into the abyss a couple of times in the last 48 hours.

I've got to drive to Cumbria on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It is an ever evolving thing though, Burney. While I used to hate Spurs more than any team in the world the whole Abramovich/Lampard/Terry/Mourinho era has raised Chelsea to the same level of hatred as Spurs for me. Literally Jamie, I don't know a single really offensive Spurs supporter.

I know bag loads of Chelsea ones.
    But that's the thing: ALL Tottenham supporters are offensive by dint of their allegiance - even the nice ones. Besides, if they seem acceptable now, it's only because we've had the whip hand over them for such a long time. With the boot on the other foot, you'll soon find out how offensive they are.

Besides, if they seem acceptable now, it's only because we've had the whip hand over them for such a long time. With the boot on the other foot, you'll soon find out how offensive they are.
    Yes, I expect that might very well be true. But for now, it is what it is.

COYS!

Ooh, that might have been too much. I feel rather unwell now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've certainly peered into the abyss a couple of times in the last 48 hours.

I've got to drive to Cumbria on Friday.
    I assume you've summoned a doctor? And there can be no question of you driving anywhere while suffering from vertiginal nausea. Your glw will have to step in.

I assume you've summoned a doctor? And there can be no question of you driving anywhere while suffering from vertiginal nausea. Your glw will have to step in.
    Ironically, the appointment I made with my doctor ages ago is tomorrow, and even more ironically, I think I'm too ill to attend.

I'll be fine by Friday. Ish.

Ironically, the appointment I made with my doctor ages ago is tomorrow, and even more ironically, I think I'm too ill to attend.

I'll be fine by Friday. Ish.
    Are you noticing any improvement thus far? Must have been a nasty moment on Sunday. Did you think it was the big one?

Are you noticing any improvement thus far? Must have been a nasty moment on Sunday. Did you think it was the big one?
    A definite improvement over the initial nightmare first hour, yes, since when progress has slowed.

I was lying on the floor unable to move my limbs, retching hard, when I remembered finding my mother exactly like that after the haemorrhage that killed her, so it was a bit troubling. I didn't want to scare v by asking for an ambulance, which was a good job really, I'd have looked a proper ****.

A definite improvement over the initial nightmare first hour, yes, since when progress has slowed.

I was lying on the floor unable to move my limbs, retching hard, when I remembered finding my mother exactly like that after the haemorrhage that killed her, so it was a bit troubling. I didn't want to scare v by asking for an ambulance, which was a good job really, I'd have looked a proper ****.
    That was sort of what I was obliquely referring to, yes. Must have been properly shīt.

That was sort of what I was obliquely referring to, yes. Must have been properly shīt.
    Ah, younremembered the story. ty.