Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Not a great Easter weekend. Spurs now in with a real shout of winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, younremembered the story. ty.
    May I ask why you have not attended a local physician or emergency department?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    May I ask why you have not attended a local physician or emergency department?
    I'm not a queer, sw, but thanks for asking.

I'm not a queer, sw, but thanks for asking.
    I don’t think one should not take any chances with health as one ages, and let’s be honest you are on the home straight in that respect.. Doctors and health professionals exist for this very reason.

I know of people, family members, who have gone to see their doctor on the basis of something not feeling right and ended up being told they had had a minor heart attack or in another case stroke.

Unless of course you are exaggerating your illness and in fact what you had was akin to a bad hangover.

In which case, despite your recent denial, you would be veering into the queer district.

I don’t think one should not take any chances with health as one ages, and let’s be honest you are on the home straight in that respect.. Doctors and health professionals exist for this very reason.

I know of people, family members, who have gone to see their doctor on the basis of something not feeling right and ended up being told they had had a minor heart attack or in another case stroke.

Unless of course you are exaggerating your illness and in fact what you had was akin to a bad hangover.

In which case, despite your recent denial, you would be veering into the queer district.
    I laugh in the face of minor heart attackss and strokes.

Possibly why you are banned from most hospitals

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Possibly why you are banned from most hospitals
    I expect his gravestone will reflect his nonchalant attitude to medical issues.

Sir C

Pretend Pilot, endorsed the wear of cowboys boots, big shot in the motor trade in Kent, second generation immigrant.

Laughed at heart attacks and minor strokes.

Are you still with us ?
    Hello ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It is an ever evolving thing though, Burney. While I used to hate Spurs more than any team in the world the whole Abramovich/Lampard/Terry/Mourinho era has raised Chelsea to the same level of hatred as Spurs for me. Literally Jamie, I don't know a single really offensive Spurs supporter.

I know bag loads of Chelsea ones.
    It is about more than the people we know, and I agree that many Chelsea fans are worse than Spurs fans (and there are reasons for that) it is about a kind of geo-political control of the hinterlands.

I walked past The Lane yesterday, with their grand construction site now resembling a new stadium, at a moment when their club could be riding the crest of a wave to some geniune success, possibly even standing on the edge of a seriously glorious era, while our club spirals downwards into goodness-knows what, and it was a sobering moment.

On the boards around the site were photos and momentoes of Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur. "Harry Kane scores a goal in Europe!" "Spurs win a football match!", "Harry Kane top scorer in the League!" "Here is us winning the league in black and white!". Proper DVD-release of a league cup tie win stuff.

For all the 'mind the gaps' and 'power-shift in North London' that we've come to laugh at over recent years they are finally actually going to finish ahead of us, and could even actually win the fùcking double, and possibly by beating us twice in the process. If the dominance that we take for granted, which makes Arsenal the default team in large parts of North London, is over, then we might start seeing kids in Tottenham shirts deep in Arsenal country, which is almost unheard of now for many-a-year.

And for those that live more in Spurs territory, like poor old Berni there, I shudder to think what the implications could be.

Ivan will notice a dip in one of his revenue-streams too when the tills in the Spurs club shops start to ring more regularly than in his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It is about more than the people we know, and I agree that many Chelsea fans are worse than Spurs fans (and there are reasons for that) it is about a kind of geo-political control of the hinterlands.

I walked past The Lane yesterday, with their grand construction site now resembling a new stadium, at a moment when their club could be riding the crest of a wave to some geniune success, possibly even standing on the edge of a seriously glorious era, while our club spirals downwards into goodness-knows what, and it was a sobering moment.

On the boards around the site were photos and momentoes of Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur. "Harry Kane scores a goal in Europe!" "Spurs win a football match!", "Harry Kane top scorer in the League!" "Here is us winning the league in black and white!". Proper DVD-release of a league cup tie win stuff.

For all the 'mind the gaps' and 'power-shift in North London' that we've come to laugh at over recent years they are finally actually going to finish ahead of us, and could even actually win the fùcking double, and possibly by beating us twice in the process. If the dominance that we take for granted, which makes Arsenal the default team in large parts of North London, is over, then we might start seeing kids in Tottenham shirts deep in Arsenal country, which is almost unheard of now for many-a-year.

And for those that live more in Spurs territory, like poor old Berni there, I shudder to think what the implications could be.

Ivan will notice a dip in one of his revenue-streams too when the tills in the Spurs club shops start to ring more regularly than in his own.
    I survived the early to mid-80s, a. I can survive this. Probably.

They won't win it purely because there is not enough matches left for Chelsea to fúck it up, I even took the most deviant of steps and looked at their remaining fixtures such was my concern at how very ordinary they appeared on Sunday.

I do think Spurs are the best side in the league but then the football cliché about winning the league will over-rule that.
    Spurs are the best side right now. Probably not while Chelsea went on what looked like their long, title-winning run.

There were plenty of existential moments when Arsenal were the best side in seasons that they did not win the title.