Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a great Easter weekend. Spurs now in with a real shout of winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If that happens, I for one will welcome thermonuclear war.
    They won't win it purely because there is not enough matches left for Chelsea to fúck it up, I even took the most deviant of steps and looked at their remaining fixtures such was my concern at how very ordinary they appeared on Sunday.

I do think Spurs are the best side in the league but then the football cliché about winning the league will over-rule that.
    Last edited by SWv2; 04-18-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I tend to be quite open-minded about most things, but I think wanting Spurs to win the league less than any other club is kind of integral to being an Arsenal fan in any meaningful sense.
    Yup. What WES has done there is effectively admit he doesn't really get the whole 'Arsenal' thing.

Yup. What WES has done there is effectively admit he doesn't really get the whole 'Arsenal' thing.
    Neither do Arsenal lately.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I had no front wheel mates and a bunch of Chelsea ones.

Yeah. Böllocks. And the following year there was the Cuban Missile Crisis. Do Spurs only win leagues at times of heightened nuclear tension?
    I suppose 50/51 was when the Cold War really got going

If that happens, I for one will welcome thermonuclear war.
    Indeed not. Whilst sitting on the sofa on Sunday morning I was overwhelmed by an attack of severe vertigo and nausea and have been confined to a bed since. Standing or walking are entirely beyond me. I wonder if I might have suffered a mild stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Indeed not. Whilst sitting on the sofa on Sunday morning I was overwhelmed by an attack of severe vertigo and nausea and have been confined to a bed since. Standing or walking are entirely beyond me. I wonder if I might have suffered a mild stroke.
    RIP Sir C. At least you won't see Tottnumb win the Double

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Maybe I'd feel differently if I had no front wheel mates and a bunch of Chelsea ones.
    Can't say i'd want them to win it but i'm indifferent to it. Since moving here and not really having any football banter my tribalism has been ****ed out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, my dear chap. Sounds more like your inner ear, tbh. I had that a while ago. When I lay down at a certain angle, I'd feel like I was plunging into the depths of hell. Sorted itself out.

It is an ever evolving thing though, Burney. While I used to hate Spurs more than any team in the world the whole Abramovich/Lampard/Terry/Mourinho era has raised Chelsea to the same level of hatred as Spurs for me. Literally Jamie, I don't know a single really offensive Spurs supporter.

I know bag loads of Chelsea ones.