Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
While the next few weeks could be painfully (though they won't win the league), I don't think there future is as rosy as you are making out. By all accounts the cost of their stadium has doubled and it took some serious wheeler-dealing (sorry Twitchy) to raise the funds. TV money makes a huge difference but Lewis has never been one to dip his hands in his own pocket to help them out hugely. Dele Alli signed two new contracts last year and is still "only" on 50 grand a year. Jesse Lingard has just signed one at United for 100,000. No way are they keeping Kane, Alli etc on the wages they pay at the moment - or possibly Pochettino, which would be the biggest blow, as he appears to know what he is doing when signing players unlike most of the other clowns who have had the job (and while Levi has done well here his record for hiring decent managers is hardly inspiring for them)
The stadium shouldn't have any impact on their ability to pay wages as I would expect that the increased TV revenue would allow them to easily cover the additional wages required to keep Ali, Kane et al. It will impact their ability to compete in the transfer market until the stadium is built as any cash reserves will probably be used to fund the stadium to keep the loan to a minimum. However they seem to have a very good group of very young players there so their need to go into the transfer market may be small. Once the stadium is built, they should have additional money provided the increased revenues associated with the stadium exceed the annual interest payments on the loan (as they did at Arsenal to the tune of £30mil per year) which they are likely to in this time of low rates.

All of which sounds great, until as you point out, Pochettino leaves. It is that which they will fear, I think. Not the impact of the stadium.