Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three at the back

Three at the back

Is this the first time Wenger has played a back three? I can't think of another instance...

Quote Originally Posted by George Morrell's Tache View Post
    Is this the first time Wenger has played a back three? I can't think of another instance...
    When he joined Arsenal, he inherited a back 3 formation and stuck with it until the end of that season. Since then, it has been a back 4.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    When he joined Arsenal, he inherited a back 3 formation and stuck with it until the end of that season. Since then, it has been a back 4.
    Thanks. I don't remember that...

Commentary says he hasn't played a back 3 for 20 years. In the meantime we have conceded the equaliser

I've been calling for this for years so quite pleased...finally no more square pegs in round holes with everyone in their natural positions.

Special mention to Ox who put in a proper shift down the right and gave a top class interview afterwards...it seems the fans turning on them at Palace got to them.

Still a few kinks to work out but we can iron those out. Glad Boro equalised and made it into a test.

Mustafi will thrive in the system...likes to come forward with his interceptions so he'll give us more momentum from deep...Also Bellerin on the right and Ox inside for Ramsey.

Interesting that new player we've supposedly signed on a free is a top class left wing back.

Hopefully we stick with it for the rest of the season....win or lose it's miles better than us completely failing with the 4231 or whatever the **** it was we were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Morrell's Tache View Post
    Still a lot of shambolic defending on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I've been calling for this for years so quite pleased...finally no more square pegs in round holes with everyone in their natural positions.

Special mention to Ox who put in a proper shift down the right and gave a top class interview afterwards...it seems the fans turning on them at Palace got to them.

Still a few kinks to work out but we can iron those out. Glad Boro equalised and made it into a test.

Mustafi will thrive in the system...likes to come forward with his interceptions so he'll give us more momentum from deep...Also Bellerin on the right and Ox inside for Ramsey.

Interesting that new player we've supposedly signed on a free is a top class left wing back.

Hopefully we stick with it for the rest of the season....win or lose it's miles better than us completely failing with the 4231 or whatever the **** it was we were playing.
    Next season will be Ox's breakthrough year.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Next season will be Ox's breakthrough year.

Saw a few stories about Liverpool paying £30m for him. I'd carry him there on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Still a lot of shambolic defending on display.
    that's our standard approach to defending these days, I'm afraid
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    that's our standard approach to defending these days, I'm afraid
    Anyone who thinks the problem with our defending is down to the formation is either naïve, stupid, ignorant or all three.

I noticed our Welsh midfielder standing next to Giroud, I watched us give the ball away, I watched 3 Boro players running at our back three with only Xhaka in midfield and I smiled at the idea that 343 was the solution.