Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Might I just point out that war clouds are gathering in various parts of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the one! The ones who say they are feminists and stuff.

I just go on instagram thesedays.
    You've no idea how much it pleases me to have been able to enlighten a young person about modern terminology, f.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You realise that 'squaddie' denotes someone in the lowest ranks of the British Army, yes? It doesn't just mean 'soldier'.
    Yes, I understand that.

You've no idea how much it pleases me to have been able to enlighten a young person about modern terminology, f.
    I'll be 35 soon.
    The advantages of being in my 30s seems that when I walk into a guitar shop they bendover backwards to assist me as they think I have money. Unlike completely ignoring me when I was 17. actually perhaps that's not a good thing.

I don't know. Maybe one should ask Laurie Penny about the state of her lady garden to get some idea?

Or would that be a micro aggression?
    I shall tweet immmediately asking if xe'd mind showing us a picture of xer minge. Note how I have remained gender neutral to avoid giving offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I shall tweet immmediately asking if xe'd mind showing us a picture of xer minge. Note how I have remained gender neutral to avoid giving offence.
    You see? That's the sort of touch I'd have missed out and probably ended up being the victim of a Twitterstorm.

Tell her if she doesn't want to take a picture we'd take a drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I'll be 35 soon.
    The advantages of being in my 30s seems that when I walk into a guitar shop they bendover backwards to assist me as they think I have money. Unlike completely ignoring me when I was 17. actually perhaps that's not a good thing.
    To me, a 35 year-old is a young person, f.

You realise that 'squaddie' denotes someone in the lowest ranks of the British Army, yes? It doesn't just mean 'soldier'.
    The young chaps one would have encountered on the streets of Northern Ireland, taking cover in shop doorways and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The young chaps one would have encountered on the streets of Northern Ireland, taking cover in shop doorways and the likes.
    Those were the chaps, sw. The ones pointing rifles at you.

Those were the chaps, sw. The ones pointing rifles at you.
    Indeed, how we would banter off each other.

"Brit ****"
    "Fúck off paddy"

Looking back now I have nothing but sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, how we would banter off each other.

"Brit ****"
    "Fúck off paddy"

Looking back now I have nothing but sympathy for them.
    It's this sort of high-quality badinage that has kept the United Kingdom together all this time, sw. It's all good-natured, though really, of course.