Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Might I just point out that war clouds are gathering in various parts of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Without making any assumptions on your lifestyle Sir C. don't you have to use over 250k on it in a year before they consider you for won.
    Really? My Ma certainly didn't do that.

I could always pay for the glw's shoes with it. That should sort it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Really? My Ma certainly didn't do that.

I could always pay for the glw's shoes with it. That should sort it nicely.
    Though I read this online somewhere so it's perhaps not accurate. amex never actually reveal the criteria and used to deny it's existence.

Access changed their name to Mastercard, I believe. Or were bought by Mastercard. 'Your flexible friend'.

My mother had a black Amex. The fabled 'invitation only' Centurian card. Replacement cards were delivered by motorcyle courier in a presentation box.

I'm still awaiting my fúcking invitation.
    They probably deliver them by drone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I imagine that, in his line of work, discretion isn't so much a virtue as a survival instinct.
    Hang on - what does he do? Is he a sqaddie?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hate when these hotel tossers decide to put a massive authorisation on your card.

Though in reality it doesn't make a difference. though I have had them put an auth on my debit card and wasn't pleased.
    Doesn't bother me, its not my money. And they usually don't bother anyway- company card, company account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hang on - what does he do? Is he a sqaddie?
    Yes, he's a private in a line regiment, usually he's posting from the bottom of a trench.

Yes, he's a private in a line regiment, usually he's posting from the bottom of a trench.
    ...in the Alsace.

Hmm - I'm calling shenanigans on you.

No, really, b and I met him for a drink once, in a little estaminet in Ypres, we had vang blong and omelettes and frits, he'd just come out of the line and was all muddy. His real name is Tommy Atkins.

You realise that 'squaddie' denotes someone in the lowest ranks of the British Army, yes? It doesn't just mean 'soldier'.