Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just met Georgey Graham in the heavy weights section of my gym

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I once met him at Tesco, Brent Cross. He was quite friendly and we chatted for a couple of minutes. You must have done something to upset him
    I would suggest that opening with 'Thanks for the memories' would make anyone pretty dubious.

I once met him at Tesco, Brent Cross. He was quite friendly and we chatted for a couple of minutes. You must have done something to upset him
    I expect he was perturbed alright. Imagine this ghastly apparition bearing down on you

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would suggest that opening with 'Thanks for the memories' would make anyone pretty dubious.

Opening his arms out wide at a men's gym and saying thanks for the memories could be seen as a bit of a Blue Oyster bar moment? Then again Monty talking is enough to make anyone leave in haste.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Opening his arms out wide at a men's gym and saying thanks for the memories could be seen as a bit of a Blue Oyster bar moment? Then again Monty talking is enough to make anyone leave in haste.
    Yes. Nobody wants Monty taking out his daddy issues on them in a public place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This is mainly odd because the last I heard he was virtually wheelchair bound

Anyway, I walked up to him arms outstretched like Tony Adams after his goal against Everton. He looked confused, so I said "thanks for the memories" and shook his hand.

He showed very, very little indication that he wished to prolong the interaction any further
    I thought most football snobs looked down their noses at GG and his time with us.

Sorry about the nose thing, nothing personal.

Perhaps he read his book and noticed all the errors
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought most football snobs looked down their noses at GG and his time with us.

Sorry about the nose thing, nothing personal.
    I think that's just me, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This is mainly odd because the last I heard he was virtually wheelchair bound

Anyway, I walked up to him arms outstretched like Tony Adams after his goal against Everton. He looked confused, so I said "thanks for the memories" and shook his hand.

He showed very, very little indication that he wished to prolong the interaction any further
    Thanks for letting us know that you were in the heavy weights section. What a man

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, are you sure it was him? It might just have been a lookey-likey and you just went up to a random older man in the gym and said 'Thanks for the memories'.
    Actually, I did momentarily think this was what had happened, because he looked both slightly younger and significantly shorter than I expected. But he muttered "good, thank you" and I definitely caught the distinctive Scotch voice. And one of the tennis coaches has previously claimed to be good friends with him and told me he often comes in, so it was certainly him.

I, too - and I'm not sure what this says about both of us - almost instantly weighed up going into the changing rooms to catch a glimpse of his cock

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Thanks for letting us know that you were in the heavy weights section. What a man
    It is not news to Awimb that I bench some seriously mean numbers. I mentioned it as it was incongruous to find him in there, rather than having a gentle jog on a running machine.