Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know what's really ****ing me off at the moment?

You know what's really ****ing me off at the moment?

The fact that I still haven't been able to lay my mitts on a new £1 coin. I rarely spend cash at all, preferring to use my phone/card to pay for things. But since the 28th March I have gone out of my way to withdraw cash monies, in the hope that I will receive a new £1 coin in my change.

So far, nothing. Just miserable old gold wons. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The fact that I still haven't been able to lay my mitts on a new £1 coin. I rarely spend cash at all, preferring to use my phone/card to pay for things. But since the 28th March I have gone out of my way to withdraw cash monies, in the hope that I will receive a new £1 coin in my change.

go to the bank and ask for a bag of £1 coins

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I like the classic pound coin. It has heft.

I used to know a saffer who referred to them as 'nuggets', which always struck me as appropriate. Mind you, he was a terrible racist with a penchant for excessive Guinness consumption, so fúck him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I used to know a saffer who referred to them as 'nuggets', which always struck me as appropriate. Mind you, he was a terrible racist with a penchant for excessive Guinness consumption, so fúck him.
    I like them too. It has the right amount of weight, feels good.

A racist saffer, who'd have thought it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I haven't had a Guinness for ages. Does it still not travel from Ireland very well?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    A racist saffer, who'd have thought it
    Isn't suggesting that you'd expect a saffer to be racist just as bigoted as the worst racist?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I haven't had a Guinness for ages. Does it still not travel from Ireland very well?
    I haven't had one for years either. Too fattening.

I would say that this modern pound coin has the combination of weight and sharp edges that would make it a much more effective missile.

I haven't had one for years either. Too fattening.
    I had one the other week in a pub that didn't serve ale. I rather enjoyed it and it slipped down a treat.