Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Remember the old kerklunk swipe machines?

Remember the old kerklunk swipe machines?

With some illegible scrawl at the bottom that could have said £55.63 or £515.63?

Now you put your card in a little box which often isn't even connected to a telephone line and you input a 4 digit code and the box communicates directly with your bank and does the whole paying thing there and then.

I mean, obviously you know that. I'm just saying. It's a remarkable change in technology inside 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    With some illegible scrawl at the bottom that could have said £55.63 or £515.63?

Now you put your card in a little box which often isn't even connected to a telephone line and you input a 4 digit code and the box communicates directly with your bank and does the whole paying thing there and then.

I mean, obviously you know that. I'm just saying. It's a remarkable change in technology inside 20 years.
    It felt strange paying for my car with my debit card.
    Surprised it went through really as I don't normally make such large purchases.

Then a few months later I made a transaction for £1.99 online and the bank stopped my card.