Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Easter Plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't think it will take 3 days to drive to Surrey

I am heading to Kent.
    Get to properly stretch the legs of the new motor, quite looking forward to the drive for once

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Get to properly stretch the legs of the new motor, quite looking forward to the drive for once
    I may actually have a look to see how my cruise control works
    rather than trying to figure it out whilst I am going 80mph.

Last time was funny. 'Look I put the cruise control on it's great' 'oh maybe not we seem to be slowing down'

What's the new car?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, I hold no hope for the smellbuds functioning again. I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to breathe efficiently.

I'm going to buy some hooter spray to see if that will help.
    Probably best. Imagine if you found out you didn't like how - for instance - your wife smelled.

Good call on the spray. Also, a few good toots of it and you get a little buzz.

I may actually have a look to see how my cruise control works
    rather than trying to figure it out whilst I am going 80mph.

Last time was funny. 'Look I put the cruise control on it's great' 'oh maybe not we seem to be slowing down'

What's the new car?
    VW Tiguain, loads of new bits and bobs but the one thing they've taken off the spec is Cruise control! My 14 year old BMW has that!!

Yes, and lots of grand architecture suggesting an enormously wealthy, powerful past, causing one to wonder quite how they ended up in their current state of squalor.
    I think the phrase 'Fur coat and no knickers' could have been invented for the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

10 Characters.

No Arsenal again
    Continue re-building my old '79 Honda CX500 (laterally opposed V-twin, same pattern as a Guzzi). I bought her six years ago in a poor state and converted the garden shed into a workshop to completely tear her down, clean her up, renew what needed renewing and rebuild her.

Then my Mum died, then my Dad died, then my job died ..oy!!

Just got the engine back in so I am kind of half way and hoping to fire her up sometime this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Continue re-building my old '79 Honda CX500 (laterally opposed V-twin, same pattern as a Guzzi). I bought her six years ago in a poor state and converted the garden shed into a workshop to completely tear her down, clean her up, renew what needed renewing and rebuild her.

Then my Mum died, then my Dad died, then my job died ..oy!!

Just got the engine back in so I am kind of half way and hoping to fire her up sometime this weekend.

h, you never mentioned you'd been orphaned, you poor búgger. Many condolences and so on.

It has the optional catalytic converter.
    What on earth is this contraption c? I have a vision of an enormous brick built, medieval oven thing in th esahpe of a clay flagon occupying half of your garden.

And for the third time of asking, who is that in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    What on earth is this contraption c? I have a vision of an enormous brick built, medieval oven thing in th esahpe of a clay flagon occupying half of your garden.

And for the third time of asking, who is that in your avatar?
    That is Tim McGraw, a fine country and western singer.

kamado-joe-classic-18-p14517-47687_image.jpg.jpg

h, you never mentioned you'd been orphaned, you poor búgger. Many condolences and so on.
    Cancer got my mum. Very brutal but blessedly quick. My Dad had moved out to Oz following that and we were planning his first return visit as a father son biking holiday (he was an original Ace Cafe boy ). The bike he was going to use was this very one I am rebuilding so I would have had to get it done.

He had just bought his tickets good and early when he went out like a light in his sleep