Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: if you look back at last season. We were just as bad.

if you look back at last season. We were just as bad.

So this season is not different.

It's just that a lot of the other teams were ****e too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    So this season is not different.

It's just that a lot of the other teams were ****e too.
    up until the last six weeks or so that was true. The Bayern games, plus West Brom and Palace, have seen unprecedented levels of ****ness. Since that Sanchez incident at Liverpool we have been a disaster. Pretty obvious the dressing room isn't a happy place at the moment.

Before all this it was the usual season. Some good form undone by failing to turn up for two key away games, then **** like the Watford game. If you look at the last 8 away games, we have lost six but at least three of those you would expect us to lose (Liverpool, Chelsea, City) and Everton and West Brom were games we were never likely to win.

We still have Spurs, Stoke and Southampton and we never win any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    up until the last six weeks or so that was true. The Bayern games, plus West Brom and Palace, have seen unprecedented levels of ****ness. Since that Sanchez incident at Liverpool we have been a disaster. Pretty obvious the dressing room isn't a happy place at the moment.

Before all this it was the usual season. Some good form undone by failing to turn up for two key away games, then **** like the Watford game. If you look at the last 8 away games, we have lost six but at least three of those you would expect us to lose (Liverpool, Chelsea, City) and Everton and West Brom were games we were never likely to win.

I cannot wait until the club announce Wenger is staying. There will be an explosion of rage, won't there? Then Arsene will be photographed on a yacht in the Med drinking sangria and the fury will increase again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I cannot wait until the club announce Wenger is staying. There will be an explosion of rage, won't there? Then Arsene will be photographed on a yacht in the Med drinking sangria and the fury will increase again.
    I think the outrage will go and people will just give up for a while.

There will always be people to to fill seats but I suspect you may see quite a lot more tickets available.

Plus Arsenal fans always had a rough deal paying more than anyone else (I am not sure if that is still valid)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think the outrage will go and people will just give up for a while.

There will always be people to to fill seats but I suspect you may see quite a lot more tickets available.

Plus Arsenal fans always had a rough deal paying more than anyone else (I am not sure if that is still valid)
    I don't think we do pay much more than the non-state-funded-stadium clubs. Comparisons tend to look at most expensive seats and ignore how many games you get on the ST.

I get the impression that the semi-final tickets have not exactly flown off the shelves. I didn't bother applying just to register a semblance of discontent despite intending to renew the ST. Turns out I'm not alone, and there were still tickets available for gold members on Monday morning. I read somewhere that it actually went to red members to try and flog the allocation. That's a good little message to send to the club without having to rage-shred the ST imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Why would a Frenchman be drinking sangria? Why would anyone, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

...and if Wenger couldn't beat a Maureen team in previous seasons, what chance us beating ManU at home this time round?

Going back to your previous point about losing to Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. It isn't that we lose the games, it is how we lose them. At City we were flying at half time. City looked all over the place and we switched off in the 2nd half and reverted to spastic mode. We are ill equipped to sit on leads against **** teams let alone good teams so why do we do this? Our attitude and commitment at Liverpool and Chelsea were shocking. We had lost those games before they even started.

Since that Watford game when the wheels basically came off, we have only beaten Hull and West Ham in the league and Sutton and Lincoln in the cup. Pretty disappointing.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Business on Ticket Exchange is far slower this season. Probably a good time to get a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Why would a Frenchman be drinking sangria? Why would anyone, for that matter.
    It appears that young Rich spends a lot of time on yachts drinking sangria
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman