Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Arsenal are now briefing media that Wenger will stay and will be given £200 million to spend on five players. This will be £100 million plus same amount from sale of various players.

But the players who would leave are then listed, and in my view their joint valuation is not very far off from £200 million. So we would lose 7 or 8 players, replace them with 5 and have had a net spend of nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Arsenal are now briefing media that Wenger will stay and will be given £200 million to spend on five players. This will be £100 million plus same amount from sale of various players.

But the players who would leave are then listed, and in my view their joint valuation is not very far off from £200 million. So we would lose 7 or 8 players, replace them with 5 and have had a net spend of nil.
    The joke of that story was a £200m warchest to be spent on two players from Celtic, Zaha, and the Sunderland keeper.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The joke of that story was a £200m warchest to be spent on two players from Celtic, Zaha, and the Sunderland keeper.

LOL.
    Well given that we won't be in Europe it might be a bit far fetched to get Dybala and Greizmann. Especially given Wenger's wage structure at the club. Anyway, the Demebele bloke at Celtic is supposed to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well given that we won't be in Europe it might be a bit far fetched to get Dybala and Greizmann. Especially given Wenger's wage structure at the club. Anyway, the Demebele bloke at Celtic is supposed to be very good.
    **** Wenger and **** the wage structure.

Yes it was. But the £100 million figure to be made available has been widely circled.

Those who support Wenger staying are just happy with further commitment to the status quo. The idea that he will suddenly change and give up on the players that have been letting him down for years and shell out a wedge on new players is absurd.

A new contract for Wenger means more of Ramsey in the middle, Theo out wide, Ox wherever and the same defensive and mental shortcomings we've been watching for almost 10 years.

Surely even the most pro-Wenger crowd would admit that?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Those who support Wenger staying are just happy with further commitment to the status quo. The idea that he will suddenly change and give up on the players that have been letting him down for years and shell out a wedge on new players is absurd.

A new contract for Wenger means more of Ramsey in the middle, Theo out wide, Ox wherever and the same defensive and mental shortcomings we've been watching for almost 10 years.

Surely even the most pro-Wenger crowd would admit that?
    I would admit that, but this season aside, it's consistently placed as about our far bigger spending rivals.

Perhaps if they bring in Overmars as Director of Football he can have some influence over Wenger.

Out of the £200m can we just give £100m to him to leave and blow the other £100m on 1 superstar

I doubt Arsene would ever listen to advice from a softly spoken midget like Overmars.

We need a Roy Keane type who'd slap him silly

I would sell the players being touted as leavers for their value and add the £100 million. That would probably give us over £250 million to spend.

I'd buy Aubemyang and Griezmann and some dirty ****er in midfield and at centre-half. And I'd give more youth players a chance to get into matchday squads.