Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.
    When have I been rude to you about this?

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager.
    Another manager might have Ramsey's operating manual. He has played very well for Wales.

Um, well, not quite on the Almunia and keeper thing generally. But I am so pleased with your view of Ramsey that I will let that one slide.

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager. Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

Jack is a tougher one. I still think he's very talented but the fact that he can't get into Bournemouth's first 11 regularly suggests to me that he lacks the desire and focus to be an Arsenal player. At least once Wenger leaves, anyway.
    You're constantly rude about Ramsey, and he's not here to defend himself.

What makes you so precious?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Show me all your workings here Richard.

Try and remember two salient points – 1) your statement that we consistently finish above said teams (please don’t include Liverpool) and 2) my complete lack of any semblance of respect for you as an individual and supporter of football.
    Well! SW! Is there any need for a man to be quite so unmannerly & ill-bred??!

Without looking at the league tables I believe it has been a good few years since United last finished above us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Another manager might have Ramsey's operating manual. He has played very well for Wales.
    He has played well for us in the past. He just struggles in the wide midfield and holding role. Once Ozil leaves this summer that position will be vacant and awaiting Ramsey. Alternatively, Wenger might just stick Iwobi in there.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Arsenal are now briefing media that Wenger will stay and will be given £200 million to spend on five players. This will be £100 million plus same amount from sale of various players.

But the players who would leave are then listed, and in my view their joint valuation is not very far off from £200 million. So we would lose 7 or 8 players, replace them with 5 and have had a net spend of nil.
    But Mo these 'warchest' stories always come from the Daily Mirror and are always a load of old *******s.

If all the years we had a Warchest was added together. and our recent purchases deducted I'd say we'd probably have a billion pounds to spend according to gossip.

Ramsey had an incredible season where he looked like a world-class player. Wilshere is enormously talented but physically and mentally not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We have consistently placed above one or more of City/Chelsea/United/Liverpool.
    Yet Leicester finished above us and everyone else last year and they spent very little. Good organization and couple of match winners and good fitness and medical teams go a long way over blindly spending money.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Yet Leicester finished above us and everyone else last year and they spent very little. Good organization and couple of match winners and good fitness and medical teams go a long way over blindly spending money.
    A world class diver goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well! SW! Is there any need for a man to be quite so unmannerly & ill-bred??!

Without looking at the league tables I believe it has been a good few years since United last finished above us.
    A quick peruse of Wikipedia suggests they have won said league on 5 occasions in the last decade, thus 50%.

On that basis I assume they have finished above us in each of those seasons, so our consistent finishing above them is in question.

I accept their last 2-3 years have been in the relative doldrums while we have been lording it up in the top 4 and basking in our 7 competitive matches in Europe.