Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I would admit that, but this season aside, it's consistently placed as about our far bigger spending rivals.

Perhaps if they bring in Overmars as Director of Football he can have some influence over Wenger.
    Who we talking about here Richard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I doubt Arsene would ever listen to advice from a softly spoken midget like Overmars.

We need a Roy Keane type who'd slap him silly
    double team him with Graeme Souness.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Who we talking about here Richard?
    We have consistently placed above one or more of City/Chelsea/United/Liverpool.

if your reference period is last season, then yes.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Why on earth are you including liverpool?? Our wages are so far ahead of theirs they aren't in the same league regardinmg spending power.

We are finishing 6th in a 4 team league imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Those who support Wenger staying are just happy with further commitment to the status quo. The idea that he will suddenly change and give up on the players that have been letting him down for years and shell out a wedge on new players is absurd.

A new contract for Wenger means more of Ramsey in the middle, Theo out wide, Ox wherever and the same defensive and mental shortcomings we've been watching for almost 10 years.

Surely even the most pro-Wenger crowd would admit that?
    This is the point. It seems to suggest that spending and quality of player is the real problem. A few years ago most of us would have agreed but he has spent plenty in recent years, brought in at least three world class players, paid north of 30 million each for a couple of others and we have got worse.

It is impossible to ignore that management is at least part of the problem. Everything we know of Wenger tells us that these key aspects will not change as long as he is here.

As for the alternatives, I can cope with pretty much any horrible situation next season if it involves never having to watch Ramsey in a Wenger midfield again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    As for the alternatives, I can cope with pretty much any horrible situation next season if it involves never having to watch Ramsey in a Wenger midfield again.
    I've always said good things about you, Peter. Even during that rather embarrassing Almunia phase you went through.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I've always said good things about you, Peter. Even during that rather embarrassing Almunia phase you went through.
    It is hilarious that not one of you is prepared to admit just how right I was about that, even now. And how right I am always am on goalkeepers...always.

Either way, Ramsey is a useless ****, on that I would like to think we are all now agreed, surely?

Also Wilshere..... he can **** right off.

Show me all your workings here Richard.

Try and remember two salient points – 1) your statement that we consistently finish above said teams (please don’t include Liverpool) and 2) my complete lack of any semblance of respect for you as an individual and supporter of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is hilarious that not one of you is prepared to admit just how right I was about that, even now. And how right I am always am on goalkeepers...always.

Either way, Ramsey is a useless ****, on that I would like to think we are all now agreed, surely?

Also Wilshere..... he can **** right off.
    Um, well, not quite on the Almunia and keeper thing generally. But I am so pleased with your view of Ramsey that I will let that one slide.

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager. Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

Jack is a tougher one. I still think he's very talented but the fact that he can't get into Bournemouth's first 11 regularly suggests to me that he lacks the desire and focus to be an Arsenal player. At least once Wenger leaves, anyway.