Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight. Thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly. There's no refreshing effect.
    Only until after you check in to the hotel and then have another few and a drink it all seems to balance out

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    On a recent flight I got pissed. Four pints before boarding and then five cans of Heineken on board. THe second half of that flight is the worst I have felt in years. I was close to tears.
    I've never got actually píssed on a flight. I find the trick is to keep up a maintenance dose that means you're nicely anaesthetised whilst never tipping over into actual ratarsery. Gin and tonic is my weapon of choice on flights. I find it provides a good, solid booze hit while also being reasonably hydrating, but not taking too much toll on the bladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Only until after you check in to the hotel and then have another few and a drink it all seems to balance out
    Oh, yes, you get used to it, but the first one feels all wrong. You want to step out into cool, refreshing air and fill your lungs with lovely smoke. In fact, though, you might as well be walking out into a sauna.

I've never got actually píssed on a flight. I find the trick is to keep up a maintenance dose that means you're nicely anaesthetised whilst never tipping over into actual ratarsery. Gin and tonic is my weapon of choice on flights. I find it provides a good, solid booze hit while also being reasonably hydrating, but not taking too much toll on the bladder.
    I don't usually have any. Never again. I wanted to kill myself for about an hour and walking round Dubai Airport for two hours wasn't fun. I forgot to buy duty free fags

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't usually have any. Never again. I wanted to kill myself for about an hour and walking round Dubai Airport for two hours wasn't fun. I forgot to buy duty free fags
    The mistake you made, of course, was stopping drinking.

The mistake you made, of course, was stopping drinking.
    I got onto a BA flight home from Bangkok once and, whilst getting settled, the skipper appeared from the flight deck to say hello; turned out he was an old chum from years ago and saw my name on the manifest. (One wonders what sort of person spends his downtime in Bangkok looking through the manifest, but anyway...) The hosties took it upon themselves to ply me with champagne, and then after the meal, when seats were being coverted into beds, invited me downstairs to the galley for smoking, drinking and chatting whilst the pax upstairs slept.

I drank red wine all the way from Bangkok to Heathrow. By the time we disembarked I was staggering, actually staggering around. The bloke at the valet parking proferred the keys towards me, looked in my face, and took them back again. v had to drive me home

I was ill for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I got onto a BA flight home from Bangkok once and, whilst getting settled, the skipper appeared from the flight deck to say hello; turned out he was an old chum from years ago and saw my name on the manifest. (One wonders what sort of person spends his downtime in Bangkok looking through the manifest, but anyway...) The hosties took it upon themselves to ply me with champagne, and then after the meal, when seats were being coverted into beds, invited me downstairs to the galley for smoking, drinking and chatting whilst the pax upstairs slept.

I drank red wine all the way from Bangkok to Heathrow. By the time we disembarked I was staggering, actually staggering around. The bloke at the valet parking proferred the keys towards me, looked in my face, and took them back again. v had to drive me home

I was ill for three days.
    Good God. You must have been in a bad way to let V drive you.

Smoking? They smoke in the galley?

EDIT: I'd just like to make clear that that wasn't a criticism of v's driving, more a reference to your disinclination for being driven anywhere.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-11-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Good God. You must have been in a bad way to let V drive you.

Smoking? They smoke in the galley?
    When there's an underfloor one and a skipper who won't get ársey.

I think it strange my absence has been noted on the other thread. I lurk here daily. I just choose not to post

I do however note any suggestion of tax evasion

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    I think it strange my absence has been noted on the other thread. I lurk here daily. I just choose not to post

I do however note any suggestion of tax evasion
    Why, there you are old chap. What a pleasure to see you! All friends together, and so on. Yes.

Anyway, one wouldn't wish to wrongly interpret anyone's little jokes, would one? Lols?