Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Humility? The same ones who claim to be God's Chosen People, humble?
    Well to the extent that all religion requires the worshipper to be humble before his god, to some extent.

Not sure I could compare the religions in that respect. Without thinking about it too much you'd have to put the Allans at the top of the arrogant list although much of that might be them being bitter because their religion pretty much forces them to live in sh1tholes.

Amongst yer Christians, Catholics are clearly the most arrogant. Infallible my pasty white arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why not accuse them of murdering Christ* while you're at it?

They did, obviously.
    Yes, but they would probably argue that he was bang to rights. Which, in fairness, he was.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well to the extent that all religion requires the worshipper to be humble before his god, to some extent.

Not sure I could compare the religions in that respect. Without thinking about it too much you'd have to put the Allans at the top of the arrogant list although much of that might be them being bitter because their religion pretty much forces them to live in sh1tholes.

Amongst yer Christians, Catholics are clearly the most arrogant. Infallible my pasty white arse.
    Catholics don't claim to be infallible - quite the reverse, in fact. The Pope used to, but doesn't anymore.

Never understood Protestants, who believe in predestination. Can't see the point in that, tbh. Might as well not bother if it's predestined.

Luton and Sparkbrook, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Except you're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

I've also, many, many times, said that Wenger leaving could be for the best.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.
    I have said it many times, the most damaging aspect of our performance over the past 10 years with respect to Wenger and his legacy is not that we didn't win trophies. It's the number of times our league challenge has been over in Feb/March.

If you're one of the 10 richest clubs in world football you should still be in your domestic title race most Aprils. I can't remember the last time we were in with a shout late in the season. 2008 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans ....
    10 wins in a row would change the mood of any fans, of almost any sporting club, anywhere in the world. And understandably so, except for those struggling to grasp how human emotions work, or how sport works for that matter.

Would sir care for a new hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Catholics don't claim to be infallible - quite the reverse, in fact. The Pope used to, but doesn't anymore.

Never understood Protestants, who believe in predestination. Can't see the point in that, tbh. Might as well not bother if it's predestined.
    I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Luton and Sparkbrook, you mean?
    Amongst others. Luton, Sparkbook, most of Pakistan etc

I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.
    Who needs a vote? If the Pope who is infallible says he's not infallible, he's not infallible because he's infallible. How hard is that to understand?

Yes. That went in Vatican II back in the 60s, I think.

I think pro-lifing is pretty much universal among most Christians in the states due to the whole pesky 'Thou shalt not kill' thing.

Anglicans aren't real Christians. They're not even real protestants, bless 'em.