Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You called him big-nosed. He's a fourby, for ****'s sake! They're famous for having big noses and for meanness and usury, you insensitive pig.

But don't say pig when he's around, the weird fúckers don't eat bacon, apparently.
    What if I just have a dislike of people with big noses regardless of ethnicity?

Plus he's not really a member of the faith, is he? That would require too much humility.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Plus he's not really a member of the faith, is he? That would require too much humility.
    Squirm all you like, your anti-semitism is as obvious as an orthodox jew walking through Mecca on a Friday afternoon. You're like Her Highness Lady Shami without the vaguely boneable edge.

As for whether he is one or not, ask yourself, 'Would he qualify for a certificate of Aryan purity.' If the answer is 'no', he ain't going to be allowed near your daughter, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Squirm all you like, your anti-semitism is as obvious as an orthodox jew walking through Mecca on a Friday afternoon. You're like Her Highness Lady Shami without the vaguely boneable edge.

As for whether he is one or not, ask yourself, 'Would he qualify for a certificate of Aryan purity.' If the answer is 'no', he ain't going to be allowed near your daughter, is he?
    He wouldn't be allowed near his daughter as she is getting boned on a regular basis by the rugby player
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Our position in the league and the performance by the team last night are not relevant, Pat.

If we were to win 10 in a row the supporters would be happy and on that basis Wenger should remain our manager.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Big-nosed, Sycophantic, Obsequious, Photo Caption Writers Opposed to All Forms of Intellectual Thought.
    Except you're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

I've also, many, many times, said that Wenger leaving could be for the best.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.

Humility? The same ones who claim to be God's Chosen People, humble?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Except you're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

I've also, many, many times, said that Wenger leaving could be for the best.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.
    Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. This is substantially the same side who dicked Chelsea earlier in the season and now I would struggle to back us against any team outside the bottom three. There has been a failure somewhere along the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. This is substantially the same side who dicked Chelsea earlier in the season and now I would struggle to back us against any team outside the bottom three. There has been a failure somewhere along the line.
    But these kinds of runs are not unheard of in football and do not *necessarily* always mean the manager is incapable of turning the situation around. If anything, the reaction to this run highlights how consistent we've been over the years.

Van Gaal had a similar season with Man Utd. He lost his job because of it, but had he been given a chance to turn it around, it would not have been seen as inexplicable. And unlike Van Gaal, Wenger at least has a history of success at the club in question.

It would be absurd to rule out the possibility that many of our current problems are specifically down to Wenger's mismanagement. But it is equally absurd to rule out the possibility that it isn't as simple as that.

But these kinds of runs are not unheard of in football and do not *necessarily* always mean the manager is incapable of turning the situation around. If anything, the reaction to this run highlights how consistent we've been over the years.

Van Gaal had a similar season with Man Utd. He lost his job because of it, but had he been given a chance to turn it around, it would not have been seen as inexplicable. And unlike Van Gaal, Wenger at least has a history of success at the club in question.

It would be absurd to rule out the possibility that many of our current problems are specifically down to Wenger's mismanagement. But it is equally absurd to rule out the possibility that it isn't as simple as that.
    It isn't the season as a whole that is worrying, its the most recent games. Before the last month or so we were just in a familiar three month slump which happens every season. The events of the last month or so are the kind of thing we haven't witnessed in years. Total and complete chaos and a side that doesn't appear to have any idea how to function.

Behind the scenes it has clearly gone horribly wrong and that can be put right over the summer. If Wenger does stay then he must have a screw loose. He is not going to turn this around in two years. For his sake he needs to quit now, as do a number of the squad who have been letting him down for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Humility? The same ones who claim to be God's Chosen People, humble?
    Why not accuse them of murdering Christ* while you're at it?

They did, obviously.

Taken on its own and independent of context, I would probably agree. However, I think the context of the last few years of fan frustration and perceived underachievement is too important to ignore. The hostility to Wenger among the fans is now probably a majority position and this kind of run is seen as vindication for those who have been calling for his head for ages. Add in the fact that there appears to be something wrong between him and his players and you've seen managers sacked for much less.