Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

but he hasn't shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    but he hasn't shown up.
    Strange that isn't it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Strange that isn't it
    we are still in the FA cup and mathematics suggest we could still do better.

if Chelsea lose all of their remaining games and we win we will be joint top.

EDIT actually no game in hand. :champions:

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    we are still in the FA cup and mathematics suggest we could still do better.

if Chelsea lose all of their remaining games and we win we will be joint top.

EDIT actually no game in hand. :champions:
    Our position in the league and the performance by the team last night are not relevant, Pat.

If we were to win 10 in a row the supporters would be happy and on that basis Wenger should remain our manager.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Big-nosed, Sycophantic, Obsequious, Photo Caption Writers Opposed to All Forms of Intellectual Thought.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Our position in the league and the performance by the team last night are not relevant, Pat.

If we were to win 10 in a row the supporters would be happy and on that basis Wenger should remain our manager.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Big-nosed, Sycophantic, Obsequious, Photo Caption Writers Opposed to All Forms of Intellectual Thought.
    :racist: Canuck.

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    :racist: Canuck.

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?
    Show me even an atom of racism in there. I dares ya.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Except you're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

I've also, many, many times, said that Wenger leaving could be for the best.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.
    Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. This is substantially the same side who dicked Chelsea earlier in the season and now I would struggle to back us against any team outside the bottom three. There has been a failure somewhere along the line.

I have said it many times, the most damaging aspect of our performance over the past 10 years with respect to Wenger and his legacy is not that we didn't win trophies. It's the number of times our league challenge has been over in Feb/March.

If you're one of the 10 richest clubs in world football you should still be in your domestic title race most Aprils. I can't remember the last time we were in with a shout late in the season. 2008 maybe?

I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans ....
    10 wins in a row would change the mood of any fans, of almost any sporting club, anywhere in the world. And understandably so, except for those struggling to grasp how human emotions work, or how sport works for that matter.

Would sir care for a new hobby?